January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we bought in a quality CB as well as a DM if we can find a CB that ticks the boxes that Gerrard is looking for in this window.

I’m not saying that either Mings or Konsa need replacing, but neither are under any pressure to perform considering the gulf in class between them and Hause.

I doubt we’d want to disrupt the central defence at this point in the season, so on that basis I’d say that any major surgery will probably take place in the summer. Hause signing his new contract would be a bonus at this point, he’s not a bad option to cover injury and with a longer contract it increases his market value if he’s included in any of the changes in the future. 

22 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I doubt we’d want to disrupt the central defence at this point in the season, so on that basis I’d say that any major surgery will probably take place in the summer. Hause signing his new contract would be a bonus at this point, he’s not a bad option to cover injury and with a longer contract it increases his market value if he’s included in any of the changes in the future. 

I think we are definitely in for a DM, this will have a positive effective on the way we operate as a unit and should in theory make the Mings/Konza workload lighter, I'd imagine both will start to look like better players as a consequence. If this all goes to play I'd wait for the optimum target/s before changing CB up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Would £50m dislodge Kalvin Phillips? If we’ve got that much to spend I’d love to get him in

I don't think so, they will want a few 10 million more than that for him.

Zakaria is better anyway

There might be opportunities again,’ he said. ‘It is steel and style we are looking for. 

Can we find that level of player who is going to improve the team, or do we need cover for injuries or suspension?

‘I like to have four centre backs and we only have three, so we are analysing that situation.’

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

K Phillips injury record concerns me. I pay no attention to Leeds at all so his record might not be as bad as I think, but every time I hear discussions about Leeds he seems to be missing. 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

CB and DM needed desperately.

Bring in Botman as he looks quality and is a league winner in France. It would also piss Newcastle fans off.

Would love that but Lille reportedly aren't even considering selling him

It won't happen, but Porto's Luis Diaz would look great in Claret and Blue! His wiry and electric style of play would be amazing with Coutinho and Buendia to compliment. A 3-headed South American attack like that would put a lot of fear in a lot of PL defenses.