Pre-match thread

ender4

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ramsey?

Ability aside (which i still think he needs to show more of) i dont think hes got the confidence/bollocks/arrogance whatever u want to call it (yet) against this level of opponent. Would love to be wrong though. 

Just now, villanmac said:

Ability aside (which i still think he needs to show more of) i dont think hes got the confidence/bollocks/arrogance whatever u want to call it (yet) against this level of opponent. Would love to be wrong though. 

He looks a new man so far this season. Breakthrough season hopefully. Looks built different now. Big test tonight

• Like 1

Lol...  What's with all the negativity?  5-3-2 isn't park the bus football...  I'm happy to see Smith trying something new out.  Watkins & Ings are well suited to the system and I'm excited to see how things shake out.

• Like 1

Nice to see Dean mix it up formation wise. Plenty of options to change it from the bench if we need to. Take Axel off, bring Bailey on and bang, 4-3-3. 

Good teams and good players should be able to play multiple formations and shapes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Lol...  What's with all the negativity?  5-3-2 isn't park the bus football...  I'm happy to see Smith trying something new out.  Watkins & Ings are well suited to the system and I'm excited to see how things shake out.

However you try to spin it you are sacrificing an attacking player to get in another defender. 

It's defensive by nature. 

If they go 3 4 3 then there's a big onus on our WB's to nullify Odoi and Alonso. That means our 3 hopefully have more legs than their 2, Saul Niguez is very good though. 

That then means going man for man against their front 3. Risky but do-able. 

Where I think we might struggle is if there wide 2 tuck in and make it a compact 4 in the middle. That would leave their 3 with free runs at our back line as I don't think Cash and Targett will know how to defend that scenario. 

Ollie or Ings will score. But it's fascinating to see how we play tactically.

WE MUST KEEP THE BASTARD BALL THOUGH!

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

WE MUST KEEP THE BASTARD BALL THOUGH!

Agree with this. We can’t just keep clearing our lines and it keeps coming back. Hopefully, we’re brave going forward and Watkins/Ings make things happen.

• Like 1