Jump to content

Pre-match thread


ender4
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

Oof.

-----------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Cash-----Tuanzebe/Konsa------Mings----------Targett

--------------Sanson--------Luiz-------McGinn--------------

Bailey-----------------------------------------------------Trezeguet

---------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------

We might play Ings and Watkins and drop Sanson out of there I guess, for me that's overly bold and would leave us exposed, but there's a case for noticing we're already overmanned and trying to turn it into a madhouse of a game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oof.

-----------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Cash-----Tuanzebe/Konsa------Mings----------Targett

--------------Sanson--------Luiz-------McGinn--------------

Bailey-----------------------------------------------------Trezeguet

---------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------

We might play Ings and Watkins and drop Sanson out of there I guess, for me that's overly bold and would leave us exposed, but there's a case for noticing we're already overmanned and trying to turn it into a madhouse of a game.

 

Will it upset you if I tell you Ollie is out? It upset me.

Need the lad back ASAP. Gives us breathing space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Will it upset you if I tell you Ollie is out? It upset me.

Yes and no. 

I'd obviously like him playing, but I'm not sure it's a day for both so at least if he doesn't make it we'll get a three man central midfield.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oof.

-----------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Cash-----Tuanzebe/Konsa------Mings----------Targett

--------------Sanson--------Luiz-------McGinn--------------

Bailey-----------------------------------------------------Trezeguet

---------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------

We might play Ings and Watkins and drop Sanson out of there I guess, for me that's overly bold and would leave us exposed, but there's a case for noticing we're already overmanned and trying to turn it into a madhouse of a game.

 

Might be a bit soon for Trezeguet?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Have you ever won any of these 4-1 bets?

4 times in 20 odd years Wigan, Norwich, Newcastle (remember the Carew penalty in last seconds for his hattrick) , Wolves at VP a few years ago was the last time 

Its become one of those superstations we all do hoping to change the course of the game or not to put bad karma on the game, lucky shirts, lucky seat etc. That would be a good thread actually  

Edited by Robtaylor200
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Keep at it, it might come in after about 1000 goes. 

£1 a match for 20 years, maybe missed a few so about £600 spent, came in 4 times that I have done it , won around £80 or more each time. They owe me a big one 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


We know Smith has history of not telling the truth with our injuries, but he has said Bailey could start this game, Traore may be back, Ollie should be available, Sanson and Ramsey possibly too, plus McGinn and Mings back. No idea on Konsa. 

Martinez missing is the biggest loss, Buendia we can probably cope without if our attacking players are available. 

My team:

Steer

Cash Konsa* Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz Sanson

Bailey Ings Watkins

* If Konsa not fit Tuanzebe plays

Subs: Sinisalo, Tuanzebe, Hause, A.Young, Nakamba, J.Ramsey, El Ghazi, Traore, Chukwuemeka

Still don't see us getting anything but that team is competitive. Just have no idea why we didn't go for someone like Romero (who is still a free agent) given Steer is our backup and is not anywhere near proven enough at the highest level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith not said anything on Konsa I found his comments if I'm right Tuesday after the Brentford game he said something along the lines " Unfotunately Ezri had to go off. It was nice for him to  captain the team but yeah I think he will be alright. I haven't spoken to the doctor yet for an early diagnosis but he was walking OK.

On what planet would you not get an update from the club doctor regarding a player who is vital for us.

Too many times he does this just makes his own rubbish up. How can we ever look forward to seeing our villa play at full strength with Doctor DOSNT HAVE A CLUE Smith. 3 days after injury and hasn't asked about what's wrong with Konsa.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
15 hours ago, villan501 said:

Smith not said anything on Konsa I found his comments if I'm right Tuesday after the Brentford game he said something along the lines " Unfotunately Ezri had to go off. It was nice for him to  captain the team but yeah I think he will be alright. I haven't spoken to the doctor yet for an early diagnosis but he was walking OK.

On what planet would you not get an update from the club doctor regarding a player who is vital for us.

Too many times he does this just makes his own rubbish up. How can we ever look forward to seeing our villa play at full strength with Doctor DOSNT HAVE A CLUE Smith. 3 days after injury and hasn't asked about what's wrong with Konsa.

Just because he doesn’t tell the whole world, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator

There are very few games I go into in a season with absolutely zero expectation of a result. This is one of those games. I can usually conjure an unlikely draw of some description in my imagination. Not here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Yeah total free hit this one might as well go as balls out as we can. With injuries at the back, no Martinez, it would be asking a bit much to be playing for a clean sheet against this lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â