New York Villa supporters

smg

14 hours ago, smg said:

My daughter has just moved to New York to study. Is there anywhere in the city where Villa fans meet to watch matches ? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Id check with the US villans on Facebook. They are very active in many states

https://m.facebook.com/groups/113197252080708/

Edit, there was a NY group as well

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1310802389041882

Edited by Tegis
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smg said:

My daughter has just moved to New York to study. Is there anywhere in the city where Villa fans meet to watch matches ? Any suggestions would be welcome.

There is a Lions club in NYC

https://www.avfc.co.uk/fans/lions-clubs/

Chairperson - Ben McCool

Come watch each and every Villa game LIVE at the Football Factory, downstairs at Legends pub - we're in the shadow of the Empire State Building in midtown Manhattan, making it an easily accessible destination from pretty much anywhere in New York City. Founded in 2006, the New York Villans is a steadily expanding group of devout fans from the UK, Ireland, and all across the United States -- all are welcome, not least if you enjoy a drink and a bit of banter with some of our (friendly) rival supporter groups! The Football Factory is a quite sensational spot to watch a live match, whether it's the Villa, any other Premier League team, or indeed a game from leagues around Europe, North America, South America, and beyond! It's also the place to be when it comes to International fixtures, including (but not restricted to!) the World Cup and European Championships. Jack Keane is your friendly host, and though a devout Manchester United supporter, he's no slouch when it comes to knowledge about all things Villa! We hope to see you in the pub soon, cheers and UTV! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I’m in New York next week and want to watch the Villa Leeds match. Is the Legends Pub still showing the games? 

It is. Was there Boxing Day watching us lose to Liverpool! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In NYC next Sunday. Villa vs West Ham will be on at 10am I think (clocks go forward in the US that morning so will be only 4 hours behind).

Legends pub the place to go? Supposedly doesn’t open til 11.

Edited by fightoffyour

On 05/03/2023 at 13:11, fightoffyour said:

In NYC next Sunday. Villa vs West Ham will be on at 10am I think (clocks go forward in the US that morning so will be only 4 hours behind).

I've never known it not be open for a match, even the lunchtime (UK time) kickoffs.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2023 at 08:11, fightoffyour said:

Was Legends a good pub to watch Villa? Will be there this weekend for the United match.

Just now, DJBOB said:

Was Legends a good pub to watch Villa? Will be there this weekend for the United match.

I would love to say yes, by all accounts it is, but I was unfortunately "ill" (not at all due to copious amounts of booze the night before) and got done by a time change so I dodn't actually make it in the end.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I would love to say yes, by all accounts it is, but I was unfortunately "ill" (not at all due to copious amounts of booze the night before) and got done by a time change so I dodn't actually make it in the end.

I have a wedding the night before and I was excited when the match was originally on Saturday but 930am on a Sunday after a wedding, I'm just hoping we make it competitive so I'll be awake after half time.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2023 at 08:40, USA_Villa said:

Go to Legends pub in NYC. It's a great place to watch all Premier League games and the home on NY Villans. Head downstairs to the Footy Factory. It's on 33rd St, between 5th and 6th Ave.

Watched the game in here today, fantastic atmosphere, was really pleasantly surprised!

Â