Mental Health - Supporter Help

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

That's absolutely heartbreaking for this family and really puts things into perspective. Thanks for making us aware of it @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I obviously can't help with any tickets but more than welcome to donate towards any funeral costs this family may have and just whatever else they may need. To lose a child has to be one of the worst things ever.

If anyway I can help this family I will.

We are all Claret & Blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I contacted Dan Bardell, and he has passed it on to someone at the club.

So here's hoping he gets some help!

I was pleasantly surprised he even answered my message!

That’s good news mate. Fingers crossed for them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I contacted Dan Bardell, and he has passed it on to someone at the club.

So here's hoping he gets some help!

I was pleasantly surprised he even answered my message!

I was literally about to say tweet Bardell, Ian Taylor etc and see if the club can do anything. He's a good guy, despite the stick he gets from some fans.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

UPDATE: The club have responded, and are trying to sort a box out for them!

Have to give a huge shout out to Dan Bardell for pushing this forward.

Also obviously, got to love this club!

Fair play to you as well mate for getting in touch with Dan Bardell. Nice one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Great to hear this. It’s nice to know in times of need that help, support and kindness is there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Truly wonderful thing you and Bardell have done. Well done fella.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good stuff from the club, box and perhaps meet some players and Dean afterwards if allowed is logical solution here.

Awful when a person can't face this world anymore especially given what everyone has been through last 18 months. I thought when I saw the pic of them together it looked like the Everton game which was one of the great atmospheres in recent times.

Depression is a lot harder to deal with than a broken leg or one of the more well recognised diseases. Many people suffer in silence, we struggle to open up and don’t want to be seen as weak. Being depressed isn’t a weakness it’s a disease and a disease that’s tough to deal with and often goes along silently.

This place often becomes toxic and some of the vitriol that is regularly directed at hard working people, because a football team lost a game, is as shameful as it is dangerous. I’m sure people in high profile jobs generally develop a thick skin pretty quickly but they’re humans with feelings and shouldn’t have to put up with it. They also have families who perhaps aren’t as thick skinned as they are. I’m not saying there’s no room for banter or criticism but perhaps we should all just think a bit more before we speak and try to express ourselves without the need to assassinate someone’s character,  just because they got something wrong or have a different opinion. I know it’s a well worn phrase, but taking time to be kind needs to be something we perhaps all should try to do a little bit more every day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

VT is a kinda a therapy place for me but it  took me years to have the courage to post in here as I was anxious that no one would want to hear what I had to say and  i wasn’t significant enough to voice an opinion… 

I’m glad you found the strength to post in here, I like your posts and agree with lots of what you say. Not that my endorsement is anything to get excited about. My ability to produce endless twaddle doesn’t seem to be decreasing as I get older. I agree that there is a certain therapeutic value to this place, unfortunately for my wife I tend to bang on in “real life” too, often about quite random subjects which she has little real interest in. Recently the topics have included, the offside rule, cricket particularly LBW and fishing.  Bloody hell I sound boring to myself now!

• Thanks 1

Terrible story. I can't begin to comprehend what a dark place a person must be in to take their own life. And also those left behind to pick up the pieces and question if they could have done more ........

Well done to the club for sorting tickets.

• Like 1

So, so sad. Was struggling to even read this earlier on Facebook without breaking down. Can’t even begin to understand the pain they must be going through! I’ve had a couple of friends take their own lives in the last 2 years that I didn’t even know were depressed as they didn’t talk about feelings. I felt so shit about not seeing the signs as would have tried so hard to help them. The guilt of not realising made me take a course to read the signs and I now feel as though I’d be a lot better at spotting them. It only took 30 mins to an hour and was a real help. Think it may have been this one. If anyone is ever feeling down and wants to talk to a fellow villa fan I am always available (if PMs are possible on here).

https://www.zerosuicidealliance.com/

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â