Galaxy A12 cant call 99% of the time

Robtaylor200

Any help please before I have a breakdown

I brought a Galaxy A12 two weeks ago, about 4 days ago It stopped making outward calls and kept saying missed calls when I didn't know I had one. Everything else is working

OK so I did drop it in the toilet half submerged for about 2 seconds it was in the wallety case thing over a week ago. I dried it off and it worked fine straight away

I have done re sets, taken sim out and put sim back (sometimes it works a couple of times straight away and then doesn't again)

I have been to O2 shop (I didn't tell them about the toilet issue) and they told me there is a problem with new update at the moment with some phones (Mrs T brought same phone at same time and is having no issues in same places)

I have copied all her settings to mine but still the same, 3 times I have been to O2 shop and it bloody works there (may be after they have done re boot as I said earlier)

They tried a sim swap hey presto it worked until I tried again later

Left it off all night, rebooted this morning, brilliant about 4 times then no good again

Mrs T will kill me if I ask her one more time time to try ringing me or let me ring her 

Can I make them give me a new phone, threaten to smash up their shop or any other fixes ( I have tried self diagnostic)

going on hols in two weeks and cant be without 

HELP

Edited by Robtaylor200

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just read terms and conditions. I can take it back and demand like for like replacement within 28 days. I'm off to O2 again when they open, wish me luck

The guys at O2 couldn't have been nicer, gave me a new phone and even transferred all my stuff over. The manager laughed and said my Villa app had probably gave it a virus. Big thumbs up to O2 

• Like 2

I know you've got it fixed, but the getting missed calls without knowing sounds like it might have been on do not disturb. At least that's what it is with iPhone. You get the notification you've got a missed call but the phone doesn't actually ring.

When I first moved back to iPhone I spent a week thinking my phone was broken because I wasn't receiving calls, before working out I'd accidentally switched on Do Not Disturb the whole time.

If it happens again it might be something to check

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 11:56, Stevo985 said:

I know you've got it fixed, but the getting missed calls without knowing sounds like it might have been on do not disturb. At least that's what it is with iPhone. You get the notification you've got a missed call but the phone doesn't actually ring.

When I first moved back to iPhone I spent a week thinking my phone was broken because I wasn't receiving calls, before working out I'd accidentally switched on Do Not Disturb the whole time.

If it happens again it might be something to check

Thank you. I did check this and call forwarding etc. Whenever I re booted it, it would work as a phone for a few time but would then pack up again

• Like 1

18 hours ago, limpid said:

Something else to check is that you aren't using any Samsung apps. You shouldn't need help transferring stuff to your new phone. It should be automatic.

mmmm. Thank you. I did have a couple of Samsung apps running, not re instated them and I wont now.

I know I shouldn't need help transferring my stuff but less stressful when some els does it for me :)

mmmm. Thank you. I did have a couple of Samsung apps running, not re instated them and I wont now.

I know I shouldn't need help transferring my stuff but less stressful when some els does it for me :)

You misunderstand. If it is setup properly, it all happens automatically when you log in to your Google account. No-one needs to transfer things.

12 hours ago, limpid said:

You misunderstand. If it is setup properly, it all happens automatically when you log in to your Google account. No-one needs to transfer things.

LOL That's why I needed help, I dint know that, I wasn't aware of that, not very often I log in to google :)

LOL That's why I needed help, I dint know that, I wasn't aware of that, not very often I log in to google :)

It's the first thing you are prompted to do on a new phone. Unless Samsung ask you to log in to a Samsung account first.

I'm sure there will be guides on how to get away from the Samsung lock in.

20 hours ago, limpid said:

It's the first thing you are prompted to do on a new phone. Unless Samsung ask you to log in to a Samsung account first.

I'm sure there will be guides on how to get away from the Samsung lock in.

Thank you. I will look into it 

• Like 1

Â