Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not the biggest fan of the ole ole tune. 

Plus, isn't it a Baggies song?

We need a new song

They have a version but think it came after ours.  A lot of clubs have one now, I think the tune was sang more on the continent and then Liverpool and Rangers were the first to bring it to these shores. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dog shit past couple of games, half 4 sunday kick off, 1 nil down after 5 mins, concede 5 mins after getting back into game, abysmal first half.....not sure of anywhere generates an atmosphere with that mix 

Edited by slowandlow
  • Like 1

There were a few half-arsed rounds of Allez-Allez after Watkins hit the bar, but for the vast majority of the game we were silent. The team has to offer something to cheer about, sure, I get that. But when the fans get behind the lads and make some serious noise, it does help raise the performance. We’re not the best of fans sometimes. 

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Team is giving them nothing to get behind atm.

I don't blame the fans.

Well, it works both ways. The fans could get behind the team and roar them on, you know, being the twelfth man, like the banner says. It's easy being the extra man when the team is winning. 

I'm loathe to criticise the fans too much when I couldn't be bothered to go, but to be honest, the shit, negative experience at VP is one of the reasons I don't bother going much, it's a depressing place much of the time unless the team is smashing it. People are far quicker to jeer and boo than they are to encourage and cheer. 

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Very much like Everton fans. On our day we are immense but most of the time it’s negative energy even when we aren’t doing so bad. Very expectant fan base. Most fan bases are like that , especially the bigger self entitled clubs. Always been the same . Must admit 4.30 kick offs on Sunday’s are dog shit for atmosphere . 1 down after 5 mins and a shite run doesn’t help . It’s more productive to get behind your team rather than against, mind, but people pay their money and also give their time.

Well Villa and Everton fans are big clubs.

Their fanbase won't have the same dynamic as a Norwich or a Burnley. It will never happen.

Will always be expectations and a form of entitlement because of what they have achieved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Well Villa and Everton fans are big clubs.

Their fanbase won't have the same dynamic as a Norwich or a Burnley. It will never happen.

Will always be expectations and a form of entitlement because of what they have achieved.

Agreed but neither club has won anything for 25+ years 

• Like 2

Strange one today - it was quiet for long periods, but it was y'know, your actual quiet - there wasn't a great deal of negativity - a little in the first half when the crowd wanted the ball played forward, but very little in the second half - with a good rendition of Allez, allez, allez after the fourth West Ham goal and gentle applause for the players after the final whistle.

It seemed like a crowd that was nervous, but not wanting to pass on a negative energy - a crowd that sat on their hands rather than demotivate the team. It wasn't quiet that was punctured with shouts of "You're sh** [insert player name]" or "Sort it out Dean" or booing or any of that, it was just...quiet.

• Like 2

Also, a mention for the minutes silence - there was a fan or two, I think outside the ground, and I think West Ham, but might have been ours - singing loudly during the silence, presumably without realising - it carried on for about thirty seconds and was a touch disappointing. A booming voice from the Upper Holte suddenly shouted "F***ing shut up!" and it was silenced.

I mean, it detracted from the occasion slightly, but it was beautifully done.

• Like 1

Â