Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

11 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Yesterday, I actually think the atmosphere was still a little off, especially the early second half period, but boy from about 60/65 minutes it was absolute lift off.

The noise levels definitely transferred to the TV audience, like me. Probably the loudest it’s been since we played Everton at home on our return to the Premier League.

I’m biased obviously but evening/night games at Villa Park can be some of the best spectacles and enjoyable atmospheres ever seen. Really is electric at times. 

The Friday night game in our first season back in the PL when we beat them 2-0 has been the best atmosphere since our return. Was electric that night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

It would have been Peter Drury and Matt Holland. Drury in particular said that he always considers it a privilege to come to Villa Park as it's the "embodiment of what English football should be about".

I don't like Drury a lot of the time, but he was very complimentary to the stadium, crowd & club during the game. Sounds like he is a big Leon Bailey fan also.

• Like 1

I don’t know if this will be controversial but I don’t like the ‘you sh*t b*st*rd ahhhh’ thing when the opposition keeper takes a kick… it just feels really ‘league one’, perhaps I’m on my own with that! (I don’t think we used to do that, it seems more recent?)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unbelievable after the goal. Crowd made it 3-0.  Don’t get angry but I took a non villa fan with me. He’s smitten. 

You took a fella on a date to the cazoo Derby and now he's smitten with you, you needed 42000 villans to pull? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know if this will be controversial but I don’t like the ‘you sh*t b*st*rd ahhhh’ thing when the opposition keeper takes a kick… it just feels really ‘league one’, perhaps I’m on my own with that! (I don’t think we used to do that, it seems more recent?)

We’ve done that as have lots of clubs’ fans since I can remember and that’s going back well into the 70’s. Maybe a bit naff but it’s not new. I doubt it’s ever put a goalkeeper off!

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’ve done that as have lots of clubs’ fans since I can remember and that’s going back well into the 70’s. Maybe a bit naff but it’s not new. I doubt it’s ever put a goalkeeper off!

Weird… I’ve been going since I was 15 in the late nineties but never really noticed it. Now you mention it, I sort of remember us doing it… I think it is a bit naff, but if we’ve always done it then fair enough 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 00:06, OutByEaster? said:

At a point in the second half today, a song started in the Upper Trinity. I mean it was Allez, allez, allez, but it started there in full voice and was then picked up by The Holte.

I wonder if the Upper Trinity being the only area that isn't predominantly season ticket holders means there's a change in the demographic up there - there appear to be signs of life - similar in a way to when the Lower North became the cheapest part of the ground and underwent it's renaissance into the lovable angry terrier it is today.

One to keep an eye on anyways.

I was in the Upper Trinity on Saturday and it was absolutely buzzing.

Lots of chanting and general noise. Absolutely bouncing

• Like 3

Just now, Follyfoot said:

We took my lads 15 year old mate as we had a spare as my mate and his lad went to the cricket. My sons friend hails from Norwich and his Dad is a massive Canaries fan, as is his lad is, or so we thought. The missus had a phone call yesterday from the Norwich fans wife stating that her son was now a Villa fan and asking about future ticketing availability. His old man is fuming 😡🎉👏👏

Ha ha! To be fair he’s probably also his brother and his uncle, so you can see why he’s so upset. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

We took my lads 15 year old mate as we had a spare as my mate and his lad went to the cricket. My sons friend hails from Norwich and his Dad is a massive Canaries fan, as is his lad is, or so we thought. The missus had a phone call yesterday from the Norwich fans wife stating that her son was now a Villa fan and asking about future ticketing availability. His old man is fuming 😡🎉👏👏

Beat Man City at the end of November, Pep resigns in his post match interview and you won’t be able to move for Citeh fans in the club shop asking if we do px deals on nearly new Citeh shirts.

They’ll all be on the train back to London in their new Villa shirts with their Citeh shirts in a Villa bag, moaning that they couldn’t do a swap. Those without new Villa shirts will be pleased that they’d kept their old United shirts and were going home to get changed before they went to the pub. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spoony said:

I obviously detest Liverpool as I’m human, but that isn’t fair. I’ve been watching their games recently because they’re ALWAYS entertaining and tbf the atmosphere always sounds louder and more electric at Anfield than other grounds.

Those two things are quite possibly interconnected though - crazy and entertaining games = electric atmosphere. 

Don’t they play “fan noise” through the tannoy to make it sound more electric atmosphere?

Â