Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Villa Park is at it's best when there is a sense of injustice.

Leicester when Ramsay's goal was disallowed.

Liverpool when Jon Moss was Jon Moss.

The crowd last night was brilliant, they could see the workrate of the team and that we were 'up against it'

Every legit foul we made was met with a disbelief and every clean tackle they made was made with furore. Hey whatever works for you guys because the atmosphere was sensational.

• Like 1

Not many better places, especially when it’s an evening game.

It doesn’t take much for the crowd to get going but they do need to see something on the pitch in the first instance. Yesterday it was Young taking the ball off De Bruyne and passing it to Luiz, who then played a great ball to Watkins.

Villa Park is a fine place when it’s rocking. We just haven’t seen enough of it over the last 12/18 months. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Villa Park is at it's best when there is a sense of injustice.

Leicester when Ramsay's goal was disallowed.

Liverpool when Jon Moss was Jon Moss.

The crowd last night was brilliant, they could see the workrate of the team and that we were 'up against it'

Every legit foul we made was met with a disbelief and every clean tackle they made was made with furore. Hey whatever works for you guys because the atmosphere was sensational.

It felt like we were altogether as a fanbase yesterday.

I can only think that the ground is louder at times on nights like last night then 10 or 20 years ago. I had season tickets in.the wings of the trinity middle in previous decades and as well as there being masses of empty seats, people used to look at you like you were nuts singing in that section. Last night the block was on its feet for large parts, even songs being started out of that section and spreading round the ground. 

I was in the upper Holte yesterday with my 75 yo Dad. It was a great atmosphere and very loud. Probably not the best ever, Euro nights and Derby matches are some of the loudest matches, but this was up near it.

There were some guys around me that were going nuts throughout. It was quite funny, I have never heard the c bomb dropped with such regularity. I could feel the breath of the guy behind me from his shouting. I thought that some were about to bust a blood vessel 😂 I did wonder early in the game whether the parents with the two young boys sat in front of me regretted there seat choices, but they seemed to brush it off quite well. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Villa Park is crap most of the time anyway, nowt to do with Gerrard . You either back the team or you don’t . Look at Elland Road for example . Win lose or draw majority of the time they stay with the team. On it’s day Villa Park is up there with the best . 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Villa Park is crap most of the time anyway, nowt to do with Gerrard . You either back the team or you don’t . Look at Elland Road for example . Win lose or draw majority of the time they stay with the team. On it’s day Villa Park is up there with the best . 

Not sure that is true, I’ve been to Elland Road many times down the decades and they can be just as quiet or fractured as Villa Park.  The Bielsa years have clouded that somewhat in some peoples views.  It’s not hard to be with your team when the football is fun to watch,

• Like 1

I watched thw Newcastle  Everton game and they really do get behind the team ans make it a atmosphere.

What the hells happened at villa park? Its got so lame the atmosphere 

We have had better atmosphere when the stadium is less full. Definitely needs improvement 

I think alot of it is gerrards football. You get some excitement in and fans get behind the team

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure that is true, I’ve been to Elland Road many times down the decades and they can be just as quiet or fractured as Villa Park.  The Bielsa years have clouded that somewhat in some peoples views.  It’s not hard to be with your team when the football is fun to watch,

Yes I’m using Elland Road as an example in recent years. I’ve also known it quiet as any other ground going back over the years . Can’t speak for other fanbases too much but I find we get bogged down easily. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I watched thw Newcastle  Everton game and they really do get behind the team ans make it a atmosphere.

We have had better atmosphere when the stadium is less full. Definitely needs improvement 

I think alot of it is gerrards football. You get some excitement in and fans get behind the team

Newcastle have got their buzz back . It’s only very recently the atmosphere has returned because of the money they now have and their change in fortunes. It’s been crap before that and has been for years .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Newcastle are 5th and playing good football every week. 

How is it remotely comparable? Was similar atmosphere there when Bruce was in charge and no excitement. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes I’m using Elland Road as an example in recent years. I’ve also known it quiet as any other ground going back over the years . Can’t speak for other fanbases too much but I find we get bogged down easily. 

I think it very much depends on the mood in the club at the time at most clubs.  I’ve been to most top tier grounds quite a few times over the years and on the whole they are much the same.  Sometimes when the club feels connected the ground is loud and when they are going through tougher times it’s quieter. I don’t believe Villa is much different and many non-Villa fans have said great things about Villa’s atmosphere down the years.  We’ve had a lot of poor years at Villa in the last 10-15 years which has really hit the atmosphere, I really before that when Villa Park was bouncing.  I think it’s where the club is at that affects the atmosphere, fans can only do so much and when the weekly monotony of poor football happens like we’ve been in it hits the crowd.  You see it at Villa but I’ve seen it at most clubs through the years, I don’t think we are any different to anybody else.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it very much depends on the mood in the club at the time at most clubs.  I’ve been to most top tier grounds quite a few times over the years and on the whole they are much the same.  Sometimes when the club feels connected the ground is loud and when they are going through tougher times it’s quieter. I don’t believe Villa is much different and many non-Villa fans have said great things about Villa’s atmosphere down the years.  We’ve had a lot of poor years at Villa in the last 10-15 years which has really hit the atmosphere, I really before that when Villa Park was bouncing.  I think it’s where the club is at that affects the atmosphere, fans can only do so much and when the weekly monotony of poor football happens like we’ve been in it hits the crowd.  You see it at Villa but I’ve seen it at most clubs through the years, I don’t think we are any different to anybody else.

I’m sure you’re basically right but there are some differences. Look at Everton last season, their football was diabolical but still the home fans more or less carried them through.

Â