Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At a point in the second half today, a song started in the Upper Trinity. I mean it was Allez, allez, allez, but it started there in full voice and was then picked up by The Holte.

I wonder if the Upper Trinity being the only area that isn't predominantly season ticket holders means there's a change in the demographic up there - there appear to be signs of life - similar in a way to when the Lower North became the cheapest part of the ground and underwent it's renaissance into the lovable angry terrier it is today.

One to keep an eye on anyways.

That is impressive, I remember the old Trinity upper and the only song you ever got out of them was the Villa clap clap clap clap clap song with banging seats, The whole ground did it very much like the Allez Allez song now. You can hear it in full voice if you watch the highlights of the Bournemouth game in the third 

Great atmosphere yesterday, I just said in the match thread it was probably the best atmosphere since we played Everton at home in our first season up.

You could see some of the subs when warming up where taken aback by it a bit (I sit Lower North), Traore in particular as he won't have experienced a packed out rocking VP before - it was great to see.

Edited by aygee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

3 sold out matches.  
Different attendance figures each time… how does that happen?

last minute folks putting season tickets up for resale and people not picking them up?

hospitality boxes not all being used? press/directors area not full?

there are also tickets put aside for clubs around the country to send scouts along that might not have been taken up

various reasons...same as the likes of chealsea/man u etc who sell out every game but you'll always get different attendnaces each match.

Yesterday, I actually think the atmosphere was still a little off, especially the early second half period, but boy from about 60/65 minutes it was absolute lift off.

The noise levels definitely transferred to the TV audience, like me. Probably the loudest it’s been since we played Everton at home on our return to the Premier League.

I’m biased obviously but evening/night games at Villa Park can be some of the best spectacles and enjoyable atmospheres ever seen. Really is electric at times. 

• Like 2

Just need a couple more goddam songs. 

Can someone PLEASE make a video involving The Bells are Ringing that goes viral like that lad in the train with the Benteke song please. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Similar from the commentators (Martin Tyler?) in my live stream. IIRC, the comment was "I just turned down the sound of the crowd in my ear and realised it's already at zero - the crowd is just that loud".

Great stuff.

It would have been Peter Drury and Matt Holland. Drury in particular said that he always considers it a privilege to come to Villa Park as it's the "embodiment of what English football should be about".

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes some more songs please. 

Love Allez Allez Allez but it's  starting to be a little overused. Nice with some variety. 

It was overused about ten years ago when it was on its fourth team or something. I've said it before, but I'm not a fan—and to make matters worse it doesn't half get stuck in my head.

On 29/08/2021 at 07:17, Corleone said:

Most grounds are pretty shit now will all seating but the constant press fawning over the "Special atmosphere" at Anfield is laughable

They sing YNWA and then not much after

I obviously detest Liverpool as I’m human, but that isn’t fair. I’ve been watching their games recently because they’re ALWAYS entertaining and tbf the atmosphere always sounds louder and more electric at Anfield than other grounds.

Those two things are quite possibly interconnected though - crazy and entertaining games = electric atmosphere. 

13 hours ago, aygee said:

Great atmosphere yesterday, I just said in the match thread it was probably the best atmosphere since we played Everton at home in our first season up.

You could see some of the subs when warming up where taken aback by it a bit (I sit Lower North), Traore in particular as he won't have experienced a packed out rocking VP before - it was great to see.

Oooh, I just remembered, that bloke with the tragic daughter and his family will have hopefully been there yesterday.

As that was the last match ( Everton at home last season ) he was at with her, with a good atmosphere before she passed away, it will have been an incredible boost for them as well!

• Like 2

You know there is a good atmosphere when the game flies by. for 55 min yesterday I was thinking the game started dragging on a little with not much going on. Cash netted and the next 30 min just flew to the point you look at the clock and wonder where time went. It was a superb atmosphere last 30 tbh. 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unbelievable after the goal. Crowd made it 3-0.  Don’t get angry but I took a non villa fan with me. He’s smitten. 

Smitten by the noise/crowd?, or is he a new Villa fan also!?!?!? :P

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just need a couple more goddam songs. 

Can someone PLEASE make a video involving The Bells are Ringing that goes viral like that lad in the train with the Benteke song please. 

What happened to that song? I miss it…a bit of variety would be great.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

So loud yesterday, I've taken my lad in the holte this season and he's not known anything like it. After all these years you can take a good atmosphere for granted, great to see it all again through the eyes of a child.

Took my 10 year old daughter to the game, her first ever Villa match. She couldn’t believe the atmosphere and can’t wait to go again.

Slightly awkward explaining to her the lyrics of My Old Man, but at least she was prepared for what was coming with Sweet Caroline at the end, as she’d heard my booze fuelled brother belting out the “**** the Blues” mix the weekend before.

• Like 2

Â