Axel Witsel

Delphinho123

I don’t see this happening. This strikes me as a case of the agent offering him to us, getting us to offer decent wages, then using that as leverage for a better deal elsewhere (Juventus, for example). Just a pawn in the game like with JWP or ESR…But if it did happen, I’d be pleased 😀 

Remember when Leicester signed cambiasso? Or the Belgian that Burnley signed when they finished so high (answers on a postcard) 

He'd be a good signing on a short term good for villa deal, trust the scouts have taken in to account his age and injuries

He's still the perpetrator of maybe the worst tackle I've ever seen though 

• Like 1

This would be along the Ashley Young mode if there's any credence.

If true, I like the fact that we are actually replacing our past older heads, with more capable old heads of higher pedigree.

The experience helps. I see that just through Ashleys intelligence alone.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The club also look to potentially be bringing in older heads on shorter deals and cheaper prices as stop gaps before our youngsters come through? 

It feels that way, give the dressing room the added experience but help ensure the young players still get game time and slowly introduced 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Quality come back! 😂

Nah my nephews don’t who Axel is so wondered if you are their age range ie a teenager

Surely not knowing who Axel is just means you don't watch the Belgian national team or the bundesliga? I don't think age has anything to do with it really. 

If you don't know who a retired player is then fair enough as a youngster, but if you don't know a current player 

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sign him purely so we can say we’ve got a twin Axel midfield 

A twin Axel midfield, Steer in goal, now we just need to sign Derek Limited Slip-Differential for up top and we gucci. 

Â