Being late

KentVillan

15 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Very punctual. Which is not, as my wife seems to think, the same as early. I’m hardly ever late for anything, but leaving 30 mins before you need to «just to be sure» is a complete waste of time. 

Have you ever used UK roads or Public Transport for a number of consecutive days? :mrgreen:

34 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Very punctual. Which is not, as my wife seems to think, the same as early. I’m hardly ever late for anything, but leaving 30 mins before you need to «just to be sure» is a complete waste of time. 

Hmm. Depends on traffic conditions. 

Of course. But I live in suburban Norway. 

Worst case scenario is we have to stop for a moose crossing the road. We don’t need a 30 min margin for that. 

• Haha 2

A few years ago, between where I lived and where I worked, timing was a weird bloody thing.

Without traffic or any stops, I was about 6 minutes away. In reality though, it depended on the minute I left. Which minute that was, that was randomised on a daily basis. 

For example, I would try to be at work at 0715h. If I left home at 0655h, I would get there at 0728h. However, if I left at 0654h, I would get there at 0705h. This was a constant daily game that would drive me nuts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Of course. But I live in suburban Norway. 

Worst case scenario is we have to stop for a moose crossing the road. We don’t need a 30 min margin for that. 

I've had to swerve at least 50 moose wobbling out of pubs tonight alone

• Haha 3

Surprised how many people are saying early / punctual. An interesting glimpse into the social psychology of VT.

I’m not naturally very punctual but I force myself because I know it annoys people. My worst thing is planning journeys on public transport. Always go for the option that gets you there bang on time, and then any delay makes you late 😳

This has got a lot better now that I can take all my meetings on video call.

In near 30 years of association with the in-laws they have never been late ever for anything, or early for that matter, they see to arrive bang on time to the minute. Family trait apparently. Odd bunch these Yam Yams

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2021 at 12:38, KentVillan said:

Surprised how many people are saying early / punctual. An interesting glimpse into the social psychology of VT.

I’m not naturally very punctual but I force myself because I know it annoys people. My worst thing is planning journeys on public transport. Always go for the option that gets you there bang on time, and then any delay makes you late 😳

This has got a lot better now that I can take all my meetings on video call.

Easy way out?

Avoid public transport!

Â