Being late

KentVillan

It annoys me getting somewhere too early, but I hate being late. 

I try to work out my journey so I am getting there no earlier than 10 minutes. I don't want to sit around twiddling my thumbs, thinking there was probably better things I could have been doing other than getting to where I was going.

• Like 1

Late

if it’s work related  then I get there mega early but everything else is just a case of I’ll get there roughly on time …I wouldn’t turn up mega late , we are talking minutes rather than hours .

It’s a kinda running joke with my mate when we catch up that if I ever get there before him I message him to see if he’s got lost or his car has broken down 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I used to have a mate that was always infuriatingly late, agreed to meet him in the pub at 4:30pm, he kept on saying that he was running late, got to 6pm and he still wasn't there, I messaged him and said I was going home to have a few pints in my local instead, he got really pissed off with me saying that "I'd" wasted his time and that he was on the bus now.

I honestly couldn't get my breath the word removed was 90 minutes late, I'd already had about 4 pints and couldn't be bothered to wait any longer for him, I was the bad guy in that scenario for some reason, if the **** would have got there on time as agreed there wouldn't have been any problem

I have a mate that's always been like that. We just tell him all times an hour earlier. 

If we have to be somewhere for 7pm, my wife thinks that's what time we have to start getting ready.

When we eventually get to wherever we're going, I say "I'm sorry we're late, it's her fault" and dramatically point to her face with her make up that's all smudged because she had to do it in the car. 

And somehow I'm the bad guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I withdraw everything I said earlier, supposed to meet my mate in the pub at 2pm, uber was being a knob and wanted £17:70 for a £5 trip, decided to **** that off and get the bus because I know they run frequently (every 5 minutes or so) and ended up waiting nearly 20 minutes, i won't be terribly late, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, I'm just hoping my pal is also running late so I can still get there first 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I have a mate that's always been like that. We just tell him all times an hour earlier. 

Came here to write the same. He's always "in the shower" and/or "eating toast" after the arranged meeting time.

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I withdraw everything I said earlier, supposed to meet my mate in the pub at 2pm, uber was being a knob and wanted £17:70 for a £5 trip, decided to **** that off and get the bus because I know they run frequently (every 5 minutes or so) and ended up waiting nearly 20 minutes, i won't be terribly late, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, I'm just hoping my pal is also running late so I can still get there first 

I was late yesterday because of Ubers. Still only 20 minutes and luckily the guy lived a 10 minute walk away so I told him to leave later, but I was apologetic about it anyway because I'm normally punctual.

Were people more on time before phones? Meet at X at Y am/pm and if you're not there we're carrying on anyway, so people turned up.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

If we have to be somewhere for 7pm, my wife thinks that's what time we have to start getting ready.

When we eventually get to wherever we're going, I say "I'm sorry we're late, it's her fault" and dramatically point to her face with her make up that's all smudged because she had to do it in the car. 

And somehow I'm the bad guy?

Unnecessary emergency braking ftw!

• Haha 1

Always early. I get very jittery if I am late for even the most trivial things. I enjoy being early for Villa games and waiting in suspense. 

My partner and her children are the opposite. The word 'ready' is a fallacy to them. 

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Were people more on time before phones? Meet at X at Y am/pm and if you're not there we're carrying on anyway, so people turned up.

For those of you too young to remember the pre-mobile phone era... yes, it was a serious problem. "See you at <place> at 10.30" - if they weren't there, there was no way to find out what was going on. I once ended up sleeping on the beach at Brighton due to a similar failure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've inherited my Dad's knack of being comically early. Going away for a break in the UK? Check in 3pm? I'll be there asking at 1:30pm if they'll let me in! 

Job interview at 12? I'll be in the Costa next door at 11am on my 5th espresso. 

I'll allow people to be late with a valid excuse, but if its a common theme, i write that person off. 

• Like 2

Very punctual. Which is not, as my wife seems to think, the same as early. I’m hardly ever late for anything, but leaving 30 mins before you need to «just to be sure» is a complete waste of time. 

• Like 1

Â