Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

With Will Hughes off to Palace, and Moussa Sissokho subsequently off to Watford, I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs push this deal through now. Levy will just wait until the last day of the window to drive the price down as he knows Juventus want to sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Spurs are just in the Europa conference league aren’t they … is that going to be a big draw? I’m not saying we’ll sign him, but the ‘in Europe’ argument isn’t that strong is it?

They have a much better chance of getting into Europe "proper" and staying there than we do. This is their first season outside the top 6 for 12 seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickjacobjr said:

We need a dm type player like Bissouma not another number 8 

Bissouma is a number 8. He doesn't sit back in front of the defenders. He's combative in midfield and makes driving runs forward. He is a number 8 far more than a defensive midfielder. What we need is a more aggressive, combative midfielder who can distribute the ball once he has won it and break up opposition attacks. That doesn't have to be a number 6 style defensive midfielder. McKennie or Bissouma would both be great for us but it's the style and attitude of the player we need, not the pigeon hole that you put him in.

• Like 2

Spurs are signing Moriba from Barca. 

They're going to have some midfield in a couple years. Hopefully they won't be signing Moriba, Pape Sarr and McKennie all in one window though. If the Moriba thing happens I think that leaves us open to McKennie

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They have a much better chance of getting into Europe "proper" and staying there than we do. This is their first season outside the top 6 for 12 seasons.

Surely Spurs need to unload some CMs? Hojiberg is first choice DM, Skipp's getting lots of playing time so Nuno obviously likes him, Dele back as number 10 and they still have Winks, Ndombele and Sissoko floating around in their squad not doing much.

Mind you could say same for us! But I fully expect Hourihane to leave after the weekend and would try to move Nakamba on at some point in next 6 months aswell.

Seems we were interested in McKennie last summer before Juve came in and he said he wants to play in premier league at some point so can certainly see him being of interest if he's available on loan or to buy.

Pretty bad though if Spurs get McKennie for 25-30m and we somehow pay 30m for Harry Winks. Hopefully those days are long gone.....

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Just as an FYI if we do sign McKennie and I don't login for a couple days don't fret.

I just either:

Fainted

Had a minor heart attack

Or am crying in joy in my room and can't concentrate to do anything else

(Yes I want us to sign him that much)

I've been wanting this to happen for years. I almost feel responsible that it won't because I just wanted it too hard.

[Insert Kenneth Williams GIF]

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Seems they are just rehashing the stuff coming out of Italy that @romavillan mentioned previously. Not the strongest links at this stage.

The Gazzetta had an article that seemed the most plausible, it didn't name any clubs but said Juve would listen to offers of €30m for him and would only consider a loan if there was then an option to buy at that price. That there had been inquiries for him but no-one had bid yet. That was a couple of days ago. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Looks like an Everton shirt to me.

Well, Rodriguez, get yer tits out, get yer tits out, get yer tits out for the lads! Get yer tits out for the lads. 

Richard Keys Banter GIF - Richard Keys Banter It Was Just Andy Gray -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

Â