Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I wouldn't be surprised. It's a big step down from Juventus to midtable team.

its a big step down from Inter milan too( champions)....but we have a player who's just done it.

its his call..we don't need to arm wrestle them in.

4 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Probably end up with Danny Drinkwater again....

Don't say things like that. There's surely another dud Chelsea midfielder we can p(l)ay this season. Third time's a charm!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was pure speculation we were interested and it’s pure speculation he turned us down. Nothings actually happened.

How dare you tell me not to get worked up!!!  Moaning about rumors is part of being a Villa supporter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In that case hope we don’t sign him. Can’t handle another year of ‘we have too many midfielders that are the same’ :)

Myth...

People, including myself have said, if Deano is insistent on playing a certain way, then we need better all round CMs. Or, all round CMs who are more defensively capable and strong etc. But can also play.

In McKennies case, he is a better all round CM, and possesses the strength, steel and Aerial presence to also do the defensive work when needed.

People keep trying to milk the " DM " comments to detract from the fact that the long and short of it is, on many an occasion our midfield has been overrun and seemingly too weak to compete against a certain type of opposition.

If we had 2 box to box midfielders with all the attributes at a higher level, the weaknesses wouldn't be as highlighted.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

its a big step down from Inter milan too( champions)....but we have a player who's just done it.

its his call..we don't need to arm wrestle them in.

We could probably pay the real Ronaldo enough to come out of retirement to play for us, he's ex Inter too.

Comparing Young and McKinnie makes no cogent sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We could probably pay the real Ronaldo enough to come out of retirement to play for us, he's ex Inter too.

Comparing Young and McKinnie makes no cogent sense.

depends in what context....I was comparing who they are playing for and McKennie stepping down was mentioned.....we have one from the champions, not sure what you don't get.

I think it was intimating McKennie thought we are not good enough....I was defending the point, that we are.

does that make sense?

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Myth...

People, including myself have said, if Deano is insistent on playing a certain way, then we need better all round CMs. Or, all round CMs who are more defensively capable and strong etc. But can also play.

In McKennies case, he is a better all round CM, and possesses the strength, steel and Aerial presence to also do the defensive work when needed.

People keep trying to milk the " DM " comments to detract from the fact that the long and short of it is, on many an occasion our midfield has been overrun and seemingly too weak to compete against a certain type of opposition.

If we had 2 box to box midfielders with all the attributes at a higher level, the weaknesses wouldn't be as highlighted.

Exactly this.  

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Come on Villa please please please please please please please please please please make this happen.

I have been following Weston for so long now and for him to sign for Villa would be just amazing

Bailey AND McKennie in one window 🔥👊🏽

• Like 3

Â