Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

They regurgitate news/rumors from other sites.  They don't have boots on the ground journalists covering football.  They usually pump news relating to American players for clicks.  

They also hold the TV rights to the PL in America.

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

3 8's? That's a new idea, didn't see it on VT yet. 😊

How would that look? 

So for example, if we played 3 ‘strikers’ such as Watkins-Ings-Bailey or Bailey-Watkins-Traore or even Watkins-Ings with Buendia behind you reduce their defensive responsibility by having 3 box to box players who cover and support the full backs instead of the traditional winger role in a 4-5-1. We could then play McGinn-McKennie-Sanson or McGinn-Luiz-McKennie behind them in a flat line with equal defensive and progressive responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A crazy thought. Maybe there’s no such thing as 6s and 8s, just better players? So whilst we have both midfielders they are just not as good as we want them to be? What you reckon?

Positional responsibility is important though.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Positional responsibility is important though.

It is and we have players that can do a defensive role. Fans just think we can have better. When we get them they will complain about them. Guaranteed.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is and we have players that can do a defensive role. Fans just think we can have better. When we get them they will complain about them. Guaranteed.

We’ll I don’t disagree there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A crazy thought. Maybe there’s no such thing as 6s and 8s, just better players? So whilst we have lots of midfielders they are just not as good as we want them to be? What you reckon?

I think there is a clear distinction between a midfielder who is deployed to attack and one who is deployed to defend.....they usually harbour different attributes, even if some attributes overlap.

However, I get what you're saying and too many the same can be an issue too....but ultimately players getting 8/10 will usually add something to the team.

I think midfield is the most difficult area to evaluate, in terms of different opinions.....but for me 3 different types are more likely to cover the jobs required to be done to form a team....as opposed to 3 very similar.

• Like 1

I find it hard to get enthusiastic about players who turn us down, no matter how good they supposedly are.

just move on ,I say.

Most players who had an ounce of self confidence and ambition, would see Villa as an exciting project....it takes all sorts.

28 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

They also hold the TV rights to the PL in America.

Yes, and they do a fantastic job covering the Premier League, but they're not a great ITK source for transfer stories.  

• Like 2

Â