Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

Come on Villa please please please please please please please please please please make this happen.

I have been following Weston for so long now and for him to sign for Villa would be just amazing

Edited by Big Salad

Just now, Big Salad said:

Come on Villa please please please please please please please please please please make this happen.

I have been following for so long now and for him to sign for Villa would be just amazing

I take it you rate him then? Better than Sanson and McGinn?

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I love McGinn and think Sanson is solid enough,yes Weston is miles above them

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The same thing was said when we were bidding with Arsenal for Buendia.  

Arsenal never had a bid accepted.  He may prefer to go to Spurs but if Juve don’t like the terms offered then it’s tough shit. Join Villa or rot in reserves for a year. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's similar to McGinn, but more athletic, better defensively, and is a threat in the air from corners/set pieces.  I personally think McGinn is bit better technically and going forward with the ball, but McKennie is much better all around.  The two of them as 8s in a 433 would be outstanding together.  We would be able to press the opposition to death and win the ball back much higher up the pitch on a more frequent basis.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's similar to McGinn, but more athletic, better defensively, and is a threat in the air from corners/set pieces.  I personally think McGinn is bit better technically and going forward with the ball, but McKennie is much better all around.  The two of them as 8s in a 433 would be outstanding together.  We would be able to press the opposition to death and win the ball back much higher up the pitch on a more frequent basis.  

Still doesn't solve our DM issue that people believe is our biggest hole

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

Personally, I think we need either a quality No 10 (for a 4231) or another quality No 8 to play alongside McGinn ahead of Dougie (in a 433) before we spend on a DM.  Barkley's inclusion in the team last year caused us to change shape and he didn't contribute offensively or defensively enough, and the rest of the midfield suffered as a result.  

Predicting the topics incoming:

- He won't sign for Villa when Spurs want him! 

- We are just being mentioned to flush out the real interested teams.

- We have to sell before buying.

- Oh shit there is a private jet from Turin coming to BHX!

- Oh snap, it was a red cross flight 😢

- Oh he's going to INSERT TEAM NAME HERE 

- He's shit don't want him anyway. We have Nakamba.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Juve need the money. 

I think this must be true given they have signed Locatelli on loan for two years and then are buying him for 25m payable over 3 years with potential for 12.5m add ons

That's a deal structured for a team with money problems.

14 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Juve reject, no thanks

Not a reject.The fans love him and he has played quite well for them.Signing of Locatelli means his minutes will wane and they need money.

He is an incredible talent I promise you.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

If he can be the more defensive of two number 8s its just as good, as we could also play 4-4-2. We just need somebody mobile, who can get stuck in and transition the ball to attack quickly.

34 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Onfield he's a good fit I think.

Off field having a US national team player could only be good for us IMO.

Social justice is also incredibly important to him. He’s been quite vocal about it so at least for “off the field” reasons, I would think Mings would be a big draw for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â