Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

16 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He's starting because he's staying at Juventus. 

The manager has said he's staying and is in his plans. No idea why the thread is even open. 

Seriously? I'd put the chances he stays at 50/50 at best. Juventus are actively courting Axel Witsel, they've just brought in Manuel Locatelli, and they're aching for cash. I think it all comes down to getting the right offer. Spurs are playing Levy-ball, which means they're not going to offer Juve what they're looking for until the last minute at best, and there are three mid-tier Premier League sides (West Ham, Everton, and us) waiting to pounce if that falls through. Juve's transfer strategy involves planting rumors and then contradicting itself over and over until it gets the outcome it's looking for. I'll be shocked if the situation isn't entirely up in the air and doubt McKennie has any idea where he'll be in a month.

Is there some wishful thinking from me on my part? A bit. I want an American at Villa and I want to go back to being able to root for whomsoever is playing Juventus again. But I really don't think the matter is settled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Is there some wishful thinking from me on my part? A bit. I want an American at Villa and I want to go back to being able to root for whomsoever is playing Juventus again. But I really don't think the matter is settled.

XD6Zcrc.jpeg

;) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Might be going to West Ham on loan...

Would be awfully weird unless Rice is finally off to Chelsea or something. Otherwise can't see Moyes breaking up Rice + Soucek nor him going there as cover.

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Offered to Burnley, we were never interested in that case

Or the terms of the loan are shite 

We don't need to keep him ticking over for juve for the year and I'm sure purslow said as much, not that loans are out of question, you can argue that we would have signed Barkley if he was a success, but loans with no future in them for us I doubt we'd be interested 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or the terms of the loan are shite 

We don't need to keep him ticking over for juve for the year and I'm sure purslow said as much, not that loans are out of question, you can argue that we would have signed Barkley if he was a success, but loans with no future in them for us I doubt we'd be interested 

Juventus want a sale if he goes

• 1 year later...
Â