Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Where are these reports? I need to know so I can fulfill my duty as an unheralded internet troll and lambaste the shit out of the idiot that is trying to present this as ITK news. 

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-transfer-rumours/aston-villa-weston-mckennie-dean-smith-juventus-premier-league-transfer-gossip-rumours-news-villa-park

As per CIES, McKennie’s value stands at an eye-watering £60m, not least due to him playing for a big club like Juventus now, but also because of his considerable ability and experience already at just 22 years of age.

Given the kind of impressive signings Villa have already made this summer – not least the likes of Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey and Danny Ings – one area that they haven’t actually addressed is central midfield.

It's all crap pal

Edited by Phil Silvers

14 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Am I missing something with regard to his scout report? I think a common thread on VT is that people would like a designated defensive midfielder but, based on the below, Weston is not that man.

image.thumb.png.ed101005605405537fb81fbc30640a39.png

He is more of a box to box midfielder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:
3 hours ago, cb_82 said:

Glad we are on the same page mate 🤣

Twas a joke ! but having said that

I realised after starting to type that your tongue was probably firmly in your cheek! Having said that, I’m warming to my heavenly body idea 🤣

Don’t know what I did there. The last paragraph was mine. Duh 🤪

McKennie starting for Juventus today alongside Rabiot and Bentacur. I don't know what to take from it, if anything. I think you could argue "he's in their plans" and "they're putting him in the shop window" just as plausibly as one another and I'm not sure which one it is.

2 hours ago, JamieZ said:

McKennie starting for Juventus today alongside Rabiot and Bentacur. I don't know what to take from it, if anything. I think you could argue "he's in their plans" and "they're putting him in the shop window" just as plausibly as one another and I'm not sure which one it is.

He's starting because he's staying at Juventus. 

The manager has said he's staying and is in his plans. No idea why the thread is even open. 

On 27/08/2021 at 14:13, Keener window-cleaner said:

To me he looks a bit like a McGinn who is really good in the air. In McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey I think we have enough in that department. We need another midfielder imo, but I want a slick passer and physical presence who is good defensively.

I remember seeing him play a game for Schalke a couple of years back and the player he reminded me of the most was Tim Cahill.

Â