Jump to content

Weston McKennie


CarryOnVilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Reports seem to be coming out of Italy, mostly. I just can't see this happening, unfortunately--especially if Spurs go in strong for him too.

Apparently Spurs can’t pay the whole fee up front for him so it might be a case of join us or stay in reserves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does he meet the VT criteria of a DM?

Not really a DM. High intensity box to box type.

Edit: He's good in the air thou, really good leap on him.

 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Spurs can’t pay the whole fee up front for him so it might be a case of join us or stay in reserves.

In that case, they may try one of their loan fees with obligation to buy next year etc.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be negative, but I just can't see it happening for various reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

In that case, they may try one of their loan fees with obligation to buy next year etc.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be negative, but I just can't see it happening for various reasons.

Apparently Juve need the money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, sne said:

Not really a DM. High intensity box to box type

 

In that case hope we don’t sign him. Can’t handle another year of ‘we have too many midfielders that are the same’ :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Reports seem to be coming out of Italy, mostly. I just can't see this happening, unfortunately--especially if Spurs go in strong for him too.

The same thing was said when we were bidding with Arsenal for Buendia.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The same thing was said when we were bidding with Arsenal for Buendia.  

Appreciate your point. Are Spurs a more attractive destination than Arsenal? Probably.

Anyway, all hypotheticals and I would love for him to sign for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Onfield he's a good fit I think.

Off field having a US national team player could only be good for us IMO.

He's a huge draw for us in terms of developing an American fanbase/merchandising revenue.  Chelsea's popularity has exploded since Pulisic signed for them.

Also, McKennie is the reigning USA Player of the Season, ahead of Pulisic and Gio Reyna.  His game is practically built for the Premier League, too.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â