Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Reports seem to be coming out of Italy, mostly. I just can't see this happening, unfortunately--especially if Spurs go in strong for him too.

Apparently Spurs can’t pay the whole fee up front for him so it might be a case of join us or stay in reserves.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does he meet the VT criteria of a DM?

Not really a DM. High intensity box to box type.

Edit: He's good in the air thou, really good leap on him.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Spurs can’t pay the whole fee up front for him so it might be a case of join us or stay in reserves.

In that case, they may try one of their loan fees with obligation to buy next year etc.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be negative, but I just can't see it happening for various reasons.

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Reports seem to be coming out of Italy, mostly. I just can't see this happening, unfortunately--especially if Spurs go in strong for him too.

The same thing was said when we were bidding with Arsenal for Buendia.  

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The same thing was said when we were bidding with Arsenal for Buendia.  

Appreciate your point. Are Spurs a more attractive destination than Arsenal? Probably.

Anyway, all hypotheticals and I would love for him to sign for us.

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Onfield he's a good fit I think.

Off field having a US national team player could only be good for us IMO.

He's a huge draw for us in terms of developing an American fanbase/merchandising revenue.  Chelsea's popularity has exploded since Pulisic signed for them.

Also, McKennie is the reigning USA Player of the Season, ahead of Pulisic and Gio Reyna.  His game is practically built for the Premier League, too.  

• Like 2

Â