dont_do_it_doug.

Feeeeeed me VillaTalk!  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Feeeeeed me VillaTalk!

• Indian
    • Chinese
    • Pizza
    • Other (please specify)

I'm having Indian tonight as it's payday - Nargis Kebab, Chicken Dansak, Nan bread and a side order of Tarka Dhal. Lentil overdose, which guarantees no end of toilet amusement the day after.

I'd go for the curry if I were you, nothing like vindaloo to clear a cold. If you're bed-ridden it'll soon cure that as well, unless you follow through in your sleep. Or something.

Whereabouts are you anyway? You said South Birmingham that doesn't really narrow it down in recommending good curry houses....

Great choices, haven't had a Dansak in ages. I'm in Yardley, so anywhere Sparkhill/Cov road would be great.

TRL, there aint many Vietnamise take-away's in Brum, believe it or not :shock:

Ah too far away for me to recommend anywhere then, I'm in Harborne. Over this way I could have directed you to some crackers.

Dhansak is the one dish I never get fed up with at Indians, love it. Getting a bit old for the bravado Vindaloos now :cry: Again Tarka Dhal is a wonderful side, if you like Dhansak chances are you'll like that.

hey, I finally found another Villa fan in Harborne! Where abouts are you then mate?

Not far from Queens Park, just been up there walking the mutt in fact.

Mr Cresswell do you know of any decent Thai takeaways? I love Thai food but the only ones I know are all restaurants, can't be arsed with all that sitting down and being served shite.

And where do I get a 'Thai' delivered?

Do you want me to do all the work for you ;)

Have a look in the local listings or something!

Mr Cresswell do you know of any decent Thai takeaways? I love Thai food but the only ones I know are all restaurants, can't be arsed with all that sitting down and being served shite

Most have a takeaway service, don't they? I know of a really nice one in Cov, but I'm not based there anymore or in Birmingham so can't really help out.

Guest RantinRob

Planty - get your phone out and ring the nearest Indian........

Like Witton said, if you want a starter Nargis Kebab is **** lovely.

As for main course, if you can handle it go for a Phaal.........it clears EVERYTHING in 24 hours and I'm talking from experience.

Or ask them to do you and Chicken and garlic madras with extra garlic: garlic is good for you

Planty - get your phone out and ring the nearest Indian........

Like Witton said, if you want a starter Nargis Kebab is **** lovely.

As for main course, if you can handle it go for a Phaal.........it clears EVERYTHING in 24 hours and I'm talking from experience.

Or ask them to do you and Chicken and garlic madras with extra garlic: garlic is good for you

Nargis kebabs rule....egg, coated with spicy minced lamb, wrapped up in more egg :lol:

Follow that with a main course and a side dish that are heavy on the lentils like I do, and you've got a recipe for an arsehole that looks like the Japanese flag the day after :shock:

I've never had a phaal though, christ I drink half a bottle of Gaviscon after a couple of pints of cider, think a phaal would kill me.

Guest RantinRob

Heh........I've had a restuarant Phaal twice.............I was pissed naturally ;-)

made my own too...........but made the mistake of doing a load, and freezing 4 portions

By the time I got to the last one it was like eating hot coals

I used to make my own curries but to be honest these days I just buy those Lloyd Grossman sauces and add more chillies if I want to give them a kick. They're extremely good if you've never tried em. The red Thai one made with king prawns is superb.

Shame the man himself is such a word removed really.

I used to make my own curries but to be honest these days I just buy those Lloyd Grossman sauces and add more chillies if I want to give them a kick. They're extremely good if you've never tried em. The red Thai one made with king prawns is superb.

Shame the man himself is such a word removed really.

Mr Cresswell do you know of any decent Thai takeaways? I love Thai food but the only ones I know are all restaurants, can't be arsed with all that sitting down and being served shite.

New one opened on Harborne High street. I live near Fellows lane BTW, just off War lane.

New one opened on Harborne High street. I live near Fellows lane BTW, just off War lane.

Is that the one that's opposite the Vine? The one that does Chinese and Thai?

Is that the one that's opposite the Vine? The one that does Chinese and Thai?

I think its opposite the LLoyds TSB bank. Menu looks alright.

Â