Hayden Lindley

MaVilla

Cant find a thread for Hayden Lindley (18 yr old), but as he made his second senior appearance for us (his debut was versus Liverpool - in "that" game), also, his sub appearance has gone under the radar a bit due to other performances.

Personally, i thought his control was very good, we didnt see much of him, but he covered at RB for Guilbert, and he had a few long balls across field pinged towards him, and ii thought he controlled them beautifully.

Lindley is a DM apparently, but his debut was at RB (as above).

Best of luck young Hayden.

• Like 3

Yeah he's definitely a CDM - typically plays very deep. He's improved somewhat lately and at the back-end of last season he started looking better - less panicky in possession etc. The player he's most similar to is Douglas Luiz, I'd say. 

Thought he slotted into the role very confidently and passed the ball well, maybe linking with midfield a little better than Guilbert had done.

Didn’t put a foot wrong in my view.

I was impressed - I’d never heard of him before.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Played for Altrincham yesterday in the Cheshire Senior Cup and scored in the penalty shootout which they won 4-2 against 1874 Northwich. Not sure if he's gone there on a permanent deal, or just on trial.

• Like 2

Just seen that Altrincham are fourth in the National League, for some reason I thought they were a few divisions below that, would be a good move for him, but seems he is only there on trial, so might just have been a chance for him to showcase his ability to other clubs.

• 2 weeks later...
Â