International Break & Isolation

HalfTimePost

So with the announcement than Emi&Emi are both selected for Argentina, here is the situation if there is no get around for 10 Days Isolation for Athletes coming from Red List countries (and assuming no changes to the Red List)

If they stay for the Argentina game Vs Bolivia (10/09) - & it's a WC Qualifier so I expect they will. They'll miss Chelsea (11/09) and Everton (18/09) but be back for Man U (25/09)

If they come back after Brazil (05/09) and miss the Bolivia game they will miss Chelsea only.

Dougie has the exact same situation. Argentina 05/09 and Peru 10/09. Hopefully he isn't allowed to go considering he was at the Olympics or isn't selected.

As is Leon Bailey. In Jamaica (05/09) playing Panama and playing then Vs Costa Rica (9/09). Costa Rica is also on the Red list.

Chelsea game becomes a bit of a write off. As if all selected we'll be missing: Martinez, Buendia, Dougie and Bailey.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Worst case scenario (assuming Traore is back. Burkina Faso is on the Amber list, so even if he's fit for the break he is available)

Watkins

Young          Ings.      Traore

McGinn.  Nakamba

Targett. Mings Konsa Cash

Steer.

If Watkins is still injured, Ramsey comes in for him with Ings up top. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

With the rules on no release for red list countries, is there anyone on international duty that could still miss the game through isolation from yellow list? Bailey maybe?

there's been an official statement from the PL saying no PL players will be going on international duty to red list countries

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12389704/premier-league-no-players-to-be-released-for-internationals-in-red-list-countries-next-month

Decision taken so players will not have to quarantine for 10 days on their return to England; Nearly 60 Premier League players were due to travel to red-list countries during international break next month

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

there's been an official statement from the PL saying no PL players will be going on international duty to red list countries

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12389704/premier-league-no-players-to-be-released-for-internationals-in-red-list-countries-next-month

Thanks, I'd seen the red list announcements. I was asking about yellow list countries...do we have any players due to play in yellow list countries that we'll still miss?

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Thanks, I'd seen the red list announcements. I was asking about yellow list countries...do we have any players due to play in yellow list countries that we'll still miss?

apologies...misread. if they're vaccinated, they don't need to isolate. the concerns would be the likes of mings, mcginn and ings (if he's selected for england) assuming they're not double jabbed

• Thanks 1

On 25/08/2021 at 23:54, MrBlack said:

With the rules on no release for red list countries, is there anyone on international duty that could still miss the game through isolation from yellow list? Bailey maybe?

Bailey is playing in a Red List country but would assume (hope) he'll miss out due to injury

All the things I'll never see
All the things I'll never be
All there is that's left for me
Is here in this eternity
Of isolation

The cavalcade, the jamboree
Of life, I thought was meant for me
I never dreamed that it would be
Replaced by this eternity
Of isolation

H.Moon

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

All the things I'll never see
All the things I'll never be
All there is that's left for me
Is here in this eternity
Of isolation

The cavalcade, the jamboree
Of life, I thought was meant for me
I never dreamed that it would be
Replaced by this eternity
Of isolation

H.Moon

Milky joe. That episode was nuts.

Man I wish Heaton was still around now. I like Steer but I don’t think he’s a top level keeper. 
The other worry is these guys go off and play and come back injured. Then we’re in real trouble. 

Â