Nice Vs Marseille

Wurzel

Don’t ever throw stuff into a crowd.  You aren’t going to hit the person who threw something at you and it’s all going to kick off. Payet was put in an awful position but he didn’t do the smart thing there.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Don’t ever throw stuff into a crowd.  You aren’t going to hit the person who threw something at you and it’s all going to kick off. Payet was put in an awful position but he didn’t do the smart thing there.  

Apparently it was happening every time he took a set piece. Its not a good reaction but he looked really frustrated, surely the referee should have stopped play earlier if it kept happening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

True, but I don’t think he was thinking straight.

He could have started a riot where someone got seriously hurt. 

Lots of questions to be asked of lots of people in this one. I’ve plenty of games in places like Turkey where bottles raining down on players taking set pieces is ignored by the officials.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well there's someone who should never be allowed to work in football again. No context in the video but you can't really run up and sucker punch someone like that even if he might deserve it if you are employed by a club.

Disgusting scenes. Payet was an idiot for what he did but at the same time the fans constantly throwing bottles etc on the pitch/at players is simply unacceptable and it was only a matter of time before a player would grow frustrated. The most bizarre thing is, the home fans cost their own team a win here. Stupidity.

I hope the league take action against Nice on this one. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats naughty and he should be punished for it

i have a degree of sympathy for payet and any player that threw a punch when endangered by the fans being there but thats not what that is

Got to be honest I don't have an issue with that  

Any fan coming onto that pitch were doing so for aggressive reasons, I think the players and coaches are allowed to protect themselves without having to wait to be attacked first. 

The fan shouldn't be there, but all he's doing is having a shout, and the steward had him more than under control by just holding his arms out.

The police should be looking into that, it's not self defence, it's an unjustified assault. I get the temptation to have the mindset of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" but a sucker punch to the jaw like that could easily cause life changing injuries.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Got to be honest I don't have an issue with that  

Any fan coming onto that pitch were doing so for aggressive reasons, I think the players and coaches are allowed to protect themselves without having to wait to be attacked first. 

Bit odd.  You can't have someone working for a club running on the pitch PURELY to sucker punch someone.  That's just not on at all.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Bit odd.  You can't have someone working for a club running on the pitch PURELY to sucker punch someone.  That's just not on at all.

Yeah I get that. It's horrible in that someone was sucker punched. But that guy was the aggressor in the situation. The coach has acted to prevent him from attacking someone first. The players and stewards are the innocent people in this scenario. 

This wasn't just an innocent man standing somewhere and getting hit. It was a hooligan looking to try and fight and intimidate people. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I get that. It's horrible in that someone was sucker punched. But that guy was the aggressor in the situation. The coach has acted to prevent him from attacking someone first. The players and stewards are the innocent people in this scenario. 

This wasn't just an innocent man standing somewhere and getting hit. It was a hooligan looking to try and fight and intimidate people. 

He was entirely under control, pushed back by a steward, didn't throw any punches, is walking and pointing.  Sure, he shouldn't be on the pitch and is obviously part of the "Nice ultras" at the end of the stadium, but he's doing literally nothing.  He's not trying to run at anyone or get involved in the melee - if anything, he's moving backwards.

To have "no issue" with someone sucker punching him isn't right.  It's a **** cowardly hit that can result in serious damage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He was entirely under control, pushed back by a steward, didn't throw any punches, is walking and pointing.  Sure, he shouldn't be on the pitch and is obviously part of the "Nice ultras" at the end of the stadium, but he's doing literally nothing.  He's not trying to run at anyone or get involved in the melee - if anything, he's moving backwards.

To have "no issue" with someone sucker punching him isn't right.  It's a **** cowardly hit that can result in serious damage.

He's on the pitch and is more than likely an ultra and while maybe moving backwards at that point, he's clearly an aggressive person so who knows what he's liable to do. 

I've got no issue with someone defending themselves against aggressive people. The players or staff shouldn't have to wait to be attacked first. 

I absolutely agree about the danger of being sucker punched. I hate fighting. I don't get why anyone would get into a street fight, I myself would walk away from nearly all situations like that and never get involved because of the consequences. 

But at the same time I haven't got an issue with people in a scary situation defending themselves. 

No one knows what that man is capable of. What if he'd suddenly ran forward and sucker punched an innocent player or steward? By the very act of entering the pitch he's the aggressor.

• Like 1

Â