The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Huh? 🤣

Do you mean Omar mate? Villa Talks Podcast?

omariqy here

Yeah I think I got confused for some reason lol

Needs changing 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I've watched a few of his vids. Very slickly produced, and his voice has the timbre of a professional voiceover actor or radio disc jockey. 

There is something really weird about listening to a guy with a North American accent with that depth of Villa knowledge and enthusiasm. But it's all almost a little too slick, if you know what I mean? 

There are a lot of options these days for Villa content so my holy trinity as it were are VillaTalk, MOMS and Claret & Blue podcast.

This has me curious I bet it's not what I'm hoping for 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

His videos have started appearing on my YouTube recommendation feed. Watched the one where he covers the Barrow match. Lost me when he criticized El Ghazi for his penalty. Haven't seen another video of his since.

Hes only done one Video more since the Barrow Video lol.

I think it was a fair criticism and although you may not agree with it, hes got balls to speak his mind.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

His videos have started appearing on my YouTube recommendation feed. Watched the one where he covers the Barrow match. Lost me when he criticized El Ghazi for his penalty. Haven't seen another video of his since.

Do you only read, listen or watch media that agrees 100% with your opinion?

Pete merely expresses his opinion, which in regard to the penalty kick being an unnecessary risk at just 1-0, could be seen as reasonably valid. If he’d have got major fact wrong like saying the game was still at 0-0 or El Ghazi’s penalty record is poor, I could see why you’d be ‘turned off’, but to dismiss his whole channel because your opinion doesn’t match his on the style/risk of a penalty kick seems, well... laughable.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I completely agree with his view on that penalty. Amazing when they go in but humiliating when they're saved, which they can be very easily.  No need for it, put your laces through it.

• Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

I completely agree with his view on that penalty. Amazing when they go in but humiliating when they're saved, which they can be very easily.  No need for it, put your laces through it.

Anwar under hit that, I don't mind him trying it in that particular game as it will help put doubt into prem keepers minds, but he definitely under hit hit and got away with it.

• Like 1

I really like the production levels and the content. His videos are excellent.

BUT... I can't take his accent seriously when discussing football. It just sounds so wrong. That might make me a terrible person but it's true.

Still watch his content tho cos the content itself is very good. 

• Like 1

I was a bit sceptical when his show first popped up on my YouTube, but he’s won me over. 

I prefer someone breaking down the tactics, what new transfers will bring to the team. A few of the current shows just seem to repeat the same viewpoints every week with no real substance.

Think he’s a point of difference from some of the other shows and good to have a mix, they will find different listeners based on their individual content.

He does cheat a bit though.  Supposed to concentrate the "trinity" of 3 key points, but really the honourable mentions mean there are several key points he discusses.  Sneaky sneak

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

The man loves Villa and Whiskey. Hard to go wrong with that.

Strong liquor and Aston Villa do go rather hand in hand don't they. 

Edited by sidcow

Really glad this guy has a thread and for good reason. Fanstastic Villa insight and in my opinion, the go to guy for in depth, origininal and entertaining Villa Analysis. 

didnt know he was media trained.. but now its been mentioned.. i can absolutley see it. Would be great to see him over here at VP at some point in the future.  

keep up the great work Pete! UTV. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Anwar under hit that, I don't mind him trying it in that particular game as it will help put doubt into prem keepers minds, but he definitely under hit hit and got away with it.

This  ^ ... the ball bounced in front of the goal line for god's sake.

Â