Right to Remain

Dave-R

Hello all, it's not often I do a topic around here, in fact this maybe one of only several I have ever done, so please go easy on me 😊..

So yes I spotted today that something had been done on the 16th of August by Sky Bet about Fans, there clubs and if those Fans were happy with there current Owners to remain at there club. Now we have this table and there are a few surprises in there one being ourselves I think. As we can see we are listed fourth, which is fantastic that the support is out there for our beloved club. However I see theres nearly 11% of fans currently unhappy and would love for any of you who have that similar view to share it please and why is it you may feel you are unhappy with our Owners or why you may think those 10.7% are unhappy. Could it be as simple as Grealish being sold or is there something more to it than just losing one player??

Theres also much to talk about in regards to the big six and there placement in this table and how surprisingly Brentford top the lot in London. Yes that's right the newcomers and there fans have more belief in there Owners than the so called big boys from Manchester and London.

Why is it you feel Wolves are midtable, could it be because they lost Nuno or is it more in depth??

Do you feel that there's a certain clubs fans who should be more Loyal to there Owners, while you dont understand why one clubs set of fans are being overly loyal??

Have your say, enjoy!!

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I see theres nearly 11% of fans currently unhappy

It doesn’t say that. Because that 11% includes “don’t know”.

Personally I’m delighted with our owners. I wonder if the selling of [that player] might have temporarily tilted a few responses away from “happy”?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

There's always gonna be the few that are never happy.

I personally think we could be on the precipice of something great

I agree with what you say.

I'd just like to know what those who are unhappy are thinking and what they maybe unhappy with Owners about.

I also think were onto the right path, but it seems a small percentage do not agree and I'm trying to think of why but I come up blank apart from us losing Grealish.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I cant believe 3 percent of Newcastle fans are happy, must have asked members of the Bruce family

Yes Zatman when I went on the Newcy forum after our game, I do not remember seeing 0.1% support for Bruce.

Arsenal amuses me just as much on 8.9% and UTD on 9.8%, they are extremely low. I did not expect the UTD fanbase to hate there Owners that much, Arsenal however they are falling further and further behind and its understandable that they feel a change is needed.

36 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with what you say.

I'd just like to know what those who are unhappy are thinking and what they maybe unhappy with Owners about.

I also think were onto the right path, but it seems a small percentage do not agree and I'm trying to think of why but I come up blank apart from us losing Grealish.

Maybe they don't like the club being owned by rich foreigners or the way football is going in general. 

I dont personally like how rich football has got but it is what it is. Selling Grealish could be the best thing that's happened to us, we can be less one dimensional and less reliant on one man.

My only negative at the moment is something I noticed yesterday which was the flashing advertising boards all around the pitch. They were distracting me so God knows how the players concentrate 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

It doesn’t say that. Because that 11% includes “don’t know”.

Personally I’m delighted with our owners. I wonder if the selling of [that player] might have temporarily tilted a few responses away from “happy”?

I'm not sure selling Engels would have made that much difference to fan opinion. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

I cant believe 3 percent of Newcastle fans are happy, must have asked members of the Bruce family

I don’t get their problem tbh, Ashley invests in the club and they finish mid table each season , since 2018 they have spent £175m not huge but it’s more than most

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t get their problem tbh, Ashley invests in the club and they finish mid table each season , since 2018 they have spent £175m not huge but it’s more than most

Could it be more to do that they are not happy due to a failed takeover where they thought they could be in for a ride like Villa fans are having at the moment with our current Owners. Also could be extra frustration  towards Ashley given the fact hes not sacked Bruce yet who seems determined to keep his job. I think Newcy fans just want Dinosoaur gone.

I were actually surprised Bruce let his players have a go back at us and didnt park the bus, he must of thought he could win it because on paper our team didnt look much did it?

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

2 relegations in 12 years, clowns like Bruce, McLaren and Carver in charge 

No they are still pissed he sacked Keegan in 2008 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Could it be more to do that they are not happy due to a failed takeover where they thought they could be in for a ride like Villa fans are having at the moment with our current Owners. Also could be extra frustration  towards Ashley given the fact hes not sacked Bruce yet who seems determined to keep his job. I think Newcy fans just want Dinosoaur gone.

I were actually surprised Bruce let his players have a go back at us and didnt park the bus, he must of thought he could win it because on paper our team didnt look much did it?

Who better do they expect to get there? Rafa played the same boring brand of football, I get how annoying Steve Bruce is but he’s doing enough especially for them, Mike Ashley will put enough money in not to get relegated again and Bruce despite his flaws will keep them above relegation places as he has done already, a takeover won’t make any difference what so ever to Newcastle if they don’t spend it right,  we have tones of money put we can’t do what City and Chelsea did .

the geordies are completely right

the aim of the club is solely to remain in the PL, not to compete, not to progress, not to do anything, don't even try and win the cups and they appoint managers for that purpose with no interest in exciting or progressive football...that'll be £830 a year please...**** that, why should football fans accept that? they've become a business like all clubs, a business that is dependent on the status quo, why should you feed thousands of pounds per season in to that?

i have sympathy for them as much as i like to take the piss out of them and hate Bruce

they are the exaggeration but 16 other PL clubs are suffering from the exact same thing and only see it to varying degrees

none of us should be happy with this lack of competition  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/08/2021 at 19:19, MaVilla said:

im surprised, i mean........what could the 11% be unhappy about?!, when they took over we were mid table championship???, and in 3 years are mid table PL?

i dunno, i can make personal opinions/arguments about how the squad is managed, the staff, the players, the formation, but i dont have a single bad word to say about the board....they literally saved the club and tbh, i dont think they have put a foot wrong since they came in.

How do you know 100% are actual Villa fans, these type of statistics can easily be corrupted.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

How do you know 100% are actual Villa fans, these type of statistics can easily be corrupted.

So true.  I was on the Blues vote saying how happy I was with their current ownership :crylaugh:

• Haha 4

Â