Intermittently loading out of date content

Davkaus

Question

Bit of a weird one. Every so often, I load a thread and it's out of date, by minutes, or even hours. The forum homepage also appears to sometimes be out of date.

As an example, I see that Bickster posted the most recent post in TTPYOTS:

image.png.3a90b5795e6f6eaa8fdb4bb25fa18dc6.png

But when I open the thread, the most recent post I see is one from me 25 minutes ago. If I refresh, sometimes I get the latest content, sometimes I don't, I can't find a way of reliably reproducing it, but it's been happening fairly often this morning. It's been occuring in Edge (in which I've cleared cache/cookies), and I've also reproduced it on Firefox, both on Win10.

Every time I think it's stopped happening, it does it again :D 

It's possibly related to the below, as they're both intermittant issues, and they seem to coincide regularly, but I've raised it as a separate issue as I can't be sure!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

I've noticed this too. 

Chrome browser, windows and chrome browser on iOS

I haven't cleared cache and cookies yet as assumed it was a temporary glitch, but happy to do so and try to recreate on other browsers if it will help

I saw some database problems a couple of times yesterday and today. I suspect that the hosts will get to the bottom of it. Clearing cookies and cache might help.

We aren't on the highest level of support any more as I couldn't justify the extra cost.