Jump to content

Caleb Chukwuemeka


MaVilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

Interesting signing this. I think people have, understandably, expected that he's coming in to keep his bro happy. But having already made his first team debut and with a bit of seasoning at League One level behind him, he can't be here to **** around. He kinda has to hit the ground running, or his stay will be a short one. 

Mission accomplished so far. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree. I think we have such a wealth of experience ( and data) around these young players now that we know how things went wrong in the past. He is a big strong lad with a load of skill albeit less flashy and smooth than his brother. I think this is the same kind of project as Keinan Davis who came from left field. They tried to turn him into a premier league striker but he just couldnt be prolific enough. This improving players mantra is well and truly underway

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Interesting signing this. I think people have, understandably, expected that he's coming in to keep his bro happy. But having already made his first team debut and with a bit of seasoning at League One level behind him, he can't be here to **** around. He kinda has to hit the ground running, or his stay will be a short one. 

Mission accomplished so far. 

He's is 100% not here to make up the numbers - too good for the U23s really, looks like a man against boys. Wouldn't surprise me if he went on loan somewhere as it's not easy to get game time up front for the first team right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 18/08/2021 at 22:27, VillanOfAston said:

I may be an old fart but didn't the brothers have a band together and released a song called Tubthumping in 1998?

image.png.9a45c8ef3d0a9b8ed223c033b037abaa.png

your'e and old fart with Dyslexia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So are you by the looks of things 😁

what!!!.....70 just getting started.

without the dyslexia....well, sometimes🤪

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
13 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's is 100% not here to make up the numbers - too good for the U23s really, looks like a man against boys. Wouldn't surprise me if he went on loan somewhere as it's not easy to get game time up front for the first team right now. 

Davis loan, keep Chuk2, even if he doesn't get any minutes, just working with INgs and Ollie will make him great.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Davis loan, keep Chuk2, even if he doesn't get any minutes, just working with INgs and Ollie will make him great.

Tbh, I'd sell Davis and Wesley when we have the chance (i.e. a decent offer). For a side that often lines up 4-3-3, I'm very happy with Watkins, Ings and Caleb 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tbh, I'd sell Davis and Wesley when we have the chance (i.e. a decent offer). For a side that often lines up 4-3-3, I'm very happy with Watkins, Ings and Caleb 👍

Absolutely agree with all of that. And there is also Archer. And possibly Brad Young looks interesting, a mixture of Watkins and Weimann.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tbh, I'd sell Davis and Wesley when we have the chance (i.e. a decent offer). For a side that often lines up 4-3-3, I'm very happy with Watkins, Ings and Caleb 👍

 

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Absolutely agree with all of that. And there is also Archer. And possibly Brad Young looks interesting, a mixture of Watkins and Weimann.

 

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

don't forget Archer.

Yep, Archer looks well lively. 

So this is what having a properly run club feels like, splendid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


56 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's the story with Frith from Chelsea? That was a sick turn to set up Caleb for hat trick

He's 19, looks like he has a lot of talent but was signed in May and released by them this summer. The only reason I could see why from the game the other day was that he doesn't look like much of a team player - he was trying to do everything himself and would get into trouble after beating a man or two, as he'd end up in a blind alley. It could be because he was trying very hard to showcase his talents and impress, but he just seemed a little immature - especially compared to others his age. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • VT Supporter

Just watching the highlights of the U23 8-0, Caleb reminds me a lot of Kodjia (the good parts) 

Would be great to see him and Carney playing for us at the top level 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Just watching the highlights of the U23 8-0, Caleb reminds me a lot of Kodjia (the good parts) 

Would be great to see him and Carney playing for us at the top level 

 

I think with Caleb developing nicely, we can probably offload Wesley & Davis in the summer (or jan).

Even with Wesley & Davis offloaded, we would still have Ings, Watkins, Caleb & Archer to cover the forward positions, and maybe even Young depending on how he develops.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Just watching the highlights of the U23 8-0, Caleb reminds me a lot of Kodjia (the good parts) 

Would be great to see him and Carney playing for us at the top level 

 

I think that they are putting a lot of resource into improving him quickly. Looks a real talent. And with all the greatest respect to Northampton he is now getting 5 star coaching . As i said before he is the new Keinan and a project for the coaching team as physically and skills wise he has huge potential. Just need to hone that raw talent like we did with Gabby . He will be 1st teqm squad by the start of next season. 

Iknow we have been bigging up Brad Young and Louie Barry for a while but Chuk 2 and Cameron Archer might be the strikers that come through instead . Shows that you just never ever know . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Can you imagine:

Chuk, passes to Ramsey, who passes to Ramsey, back to Chuk who passes to Chuk who scores! 

Revan receives the ball, out wide to Revan, back in field to Ramsey, to Ramsey, out wide to Ramsey, cross into chuk, headed down to chuk. Goal. His brother Owen is in the owners box today. 

Edited by MotoMkali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â