Pre Match thread

VillaChris

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I hope to God this is Ramsey’s breakthrough game. He looks built for it now. Could be massive if we get him performing at a high level during this time. You need people to step up in adversity and this could be his time 🙏

That would be awesome…

1 minute ago, TomC said:

I think that he plays on their left/our right, which means he's up against Cash.

I don't think that he has that much confidence in Ghaz. If Traore or Bailey were fit, he would not be starting Ghaz.

I'm not sure whether he's planning on using Ghaz on our right again, but Ghaz does not have the pace to track back and help out against Maximin. I hope that's not our undoing today.

Who’s this Ghaz geezer?

🤣

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Boooo thought you was coming Rome with me Nick 🤣

Best I’ve got is that I’m on holiday with family in Somerset at the moment and told them they have to look after themselves today because I’ve driven back up for the game and I’ll go back down tonight.  Rome would’ve just been a bit too far, sorry mate!

• Haha 1

I like that midfield. Ramsey to stake a claim today - he really has looked very good in preseason and changed the game at Watford. 

Hope AEG is wound up and has a stormer. Seems to do well when he's been doubted.

Only question mark would've been Young for Targett, but would've been harsh on Ashley after doing well last week.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Hourihane being back on our bench in the third season back in the top flight is absolutely tragic

This is the challenge we have. We’re stacked with CM’s, but not all of them are good enough to be in a top half PL team. Fingers crossed we can shift 1 or 2 in the next couple of weeks as we can’t expect a full season out of Ramsey. Would be great though.

Good to see DL back. Hopefully that makes our midfield a bit more resilient. Also glad he’s kept Ash at lb.

Don’t fancy the three behind Ings tbf. How much they have played together & developed an understanding must be an issue.

General fitness and preparedness still a worry, although hopefully we will have enough to beat the Magpies.

All hail the Holte End! Hopefully full to max today.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A very average line up. 

Sanson, Watkins, Bailey, Trarore out. What do you expect?

Just imagine that lineup if we hadn't bought Ings or Buendia. Then we'd really have problems. If we've gone from being below average when missing lots of key players to being average when missing lots of key players, that's an upgrade.

• Like 1