Pre Match thread

VillaChris

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t know why so many people are intent on Dean revealing his team to the opposition in advance. 

Personally I prefer he doesn’t make match preparations easier for opposing manager. 

Yeah like Bruce is going to change his selection or tactics whether Bailey is on the bench or not.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Appreciate it’s mainly down to injuries but that team doesn’t finish anywhere near the top half of the table, I’ll be off to back Newcastle today.

Trying not to be a negative nancy in here, but I have to say I agree, it doesn't look like a great side to me 😬

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't get Ramsey tbh. I'd have put Connor or Nkamba in. Ramsey has to produce soon - he can't keep getting starts and offer so little.

Didn’t watch the last game? 

• Like 1

I can see logic in team selection even if in black and white it dosen't look that good.

Buendia drifting in from right which you all tell me he was amazing at Norwich so hopefully he can get on the ball and link up with Ings and we should create chances.

Luiz and Ramsey as two sitters should add energy with McGinn as number 10 getting into the box.

Young over Targett justified after last week, hopefully he can use his experience to nulify Saint Maximn.

It's not great, we have too many injuries but think if we get the first goal we'll be o.k today. Really need the VP crowd to back us throughout the match and not just do anti-G***lish chants for 90 minutes.

Go 1 down though and it will be difficult particularly as we have very little on the bench bar the two young kids who might be surprise packages.

• Like 4

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

He's injured Dave.

Fair enough mate, but I am worried that Smith is going to return to the overuse of Ghazi and were going to struggle from both sides now no Grealish.

I've had concerns from before the season started that we still didn't bring in enough players for positions that do see alot of Injurys. I had a feeling Injurys would grab us but this severe at the start is beyond what I thought. We only need one or two more Injurys and will have no choice to play youth which is a sign were in trouble and in a severe injury state. I mean I don't mind seeing youth play but if it's forced and not a choice, I feel it's all different.

I think I would of liked us to of brought in another Winger and certainly a midfielder of the defensive mind. 

I have this bad feeling that someone else will be limping off today and I also feel that these Injurys may define our season and many of us will be calling for even greater depth next window.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Trying not to be a negative nancy in here, but I have to say I agree, it doesn't look like a great side to me 😬

Luckily the team we’re playing against look turd as well.

Just now, OhioVilla said:

Is there any good reason why JPB isn't playing over El Ghazi at this point?

He hasn't started yet, it's a bbig occasion with fans back at VP and a tough game after we got smashed last week. He's the only winger on the bench he'll get minutes. Up to him to prove he's worth a start in a game that isn't Vs Walsall or Salernitana (sp) love him or not, AEG has been in the squad for 3 seasons and had a good year last year.

• Thanks 1

I had a dream last night Mings scored a weird long range goal like it sort of lobbed the keeper and our second goal was from callum O’Hare who was slipped in and scored with a nice tidy finish this was all before half time we were 2-0 up and i was on the bench 😂 very weird dream , i only dream about matches against man united tbf so that was strange, but why is  Philogene-Bidace not in that starting eleven jesus christ ! ... DS i have the most utmost respect for you but come on this is ridiculous... our midfield looks terrible but you never know 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can see logic in team selection even if in black and white it dosen't look that good.

Buendia drifting in from right which you all tell me he was amazing at Norwich so hopefully he can get on the ball and link up with Ings and we should create chances.

Luiz and Ramsey as two sitters should add energy with McGinn as number 10 getting into the box.

Young over Targett justified after last week, hopefully he can use his experience to nulify Saint Maximn.

It's not great, we have too many injuries but think if we get the first goal we'll be o.k today. Really need the VP crowd to back us throughout the match and not just do anti-G***lish chants for 90 minutes.

Go 1 down though and it will be difficult particularly as we have very little on the bench bar the two young kids who might be surprise packages.

I hope your right because that team isnt good Chris.

Buendia has to run this show, he has to be a thorn in Newcastle's side for 90mins.