Ratings & Reactions: Watford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/21 at 22:59

7 minutes ago, calcifer said:

After one game? Seriously? Our pre season was a mess with the whole Greedlish saga, games getting postponed etc. Arsenal got beat by Brentford 2-0, Leeds got thrashed 5-1, I bet their fans are not as wet as some of our 'fans' 

You've heard of AFTV, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We clearly set up all wrong. It just didn't work at all and it was only once we got Ramsey on that we had any sort of cohesion when moving the ball forward.

The defence was completely at sea. Targett was incredible last season but looked like he hadn't stepped on a pitch in 6 months.

Next game, start Bailey and Traore over El Ghazi and Young thanks.

9 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Relegation scrap coming. 

We looked utterly terrible in every department. 3-1 flatters us, well played Watford. 

You didn't even get the score right 🙄

Terrible first half, but Watford's second goal was very flukey.

We looked the better side when Bailey (especially) and Traore came on, and with Young dropping to LB.

I think Smith will find a formula, but it will take a few games.

• Like 2

We looked like a team who hadn't had much of a pre-season. I think it'll be a slow start this year, probably another 3 or 4 games before things start coming together.

Thought Ramsey and Bailey both had a big impact when they came on, as did Traore to a lesser extent.

Otherwise, pretty poor throughout but no cause for alarm just yet

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Leeds got thrashed by Man Utd not Watford? And Arsenal should be panicking they looked awful. 

The Grealish saga was known about behind the scenes for months, Purslow made it clear we had been planning for it. For the past 5 seasons we've struggled with answers without Jack when he's been injured, and it should have been solved by now. 

I'm sorry but there were no positives from that utter garbage. Bailey looked decent I guess when he came on. 

1st game against a promoted team is always a banana skin, we were not prepared after the poor pre season. That told in the performance, it does not make the players garbage, the manger clueless, it was a poor performance and the better team won. We chalk it off and look to the next game. Once the players gel we will be flying! 

• Like 2

Think that result just summed up everything that went wrong.

Fitness: 4 preseason games vs Watford's 6 ,they were also back atleast 3-4 days earlier than we were.

Selection and formation : Anwar on the right? ffs, shouldve played 4-3-3 as we atleast should've been hard to beat. Post Jack we still need to learn to play without him.

Silver lining we effectively won 2-0 playing 4-3-3.

• Like 2

Â