Signing me out

Dodgyknees

Question

9 answers to this question

12 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Is there any reason why this site signs me out on all devices regularly? My phone, laptop, Mac, all sign me out. No other site is doing this. It’s literally this site.

Please try the suggestions in red at the top of this forum and supply the requested information.

In this case, it would also be useful to know whether you are using a password, or your twitter, Facebook or Google session to connect. Also, whether this is a recent development.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

This has started happening me in the last 48 hours or so. I'll try the above suggestions and report back. If I log my laptop in, my phone gets logged out and versy vicey.

My last paragraph applies to you too :mrgreen:

This might simply be a security improvement if it is asking you to confirm identity when you change device. I've just tried on another Chromebook and I had to log in again. I'm using a Google session to authenticate so it's one click.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, limpid said:

My last paragraph applies to you too :mrgreen:

This might simply be a security improvement if it is asking you to confirm identity when you change device. I've just tried on another Chromebook and I had to log in again. I'm using a Google session to authenticate so it's one click.

I sign in with my display name and password.

On 13/08/2021 at 16:43, limpid said:

Time to move to something secure :mrgreen: A password alone is not enough to protect anything you care about.

So are we saying over the past 72 hours something has changed so that you can no longer be logged into the site on 2 devices simultaneously then 😕

1 hour ago, BOF said:

So are we saying over the past 72 hours something has changed so that you can no longer be logged into the site on 2 devices simultaneously then 😕

Not as far as I know. The last site update was a little over two weeks ago and I've not made any changes to settings since then. Has your browser updated around that time?