Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

The use of Villa Park for concerts is interesting. It's not been used for that purpose for decades.  Have they managed to sweet talk the council and will we now see more of this in the future? 

Could be a nice little earner.  These kind of things have gone to Coventry in recent years. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The use of Villa Park for concerts is interesting. It's not been used for that purpose for decades.  Have they managed to sweet talk the council and will we now see more of this in the future? 

Could be a nice little earner.  These kind of things have gone to Coventry in recent years. 

Was it the council that blocked it, or did we just never bother putting ourselves out there for these sort of events?

I wonder how much they pay for hiring the venue?    edit - google says around £20,000.

Edited by ender4

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly. UEFA already conceded to give the bigger teams more money and expand the Champions League just as the Super League breakaway was happening.

As much as it's great to have owners like NSWE we will never be able to compete for Premier League or compete in the Champions League in a regular way given how the big teams have already won the war. 

Aston Villa should NEVER have got relegated. It should have been a complete impossibility.  Our income compared to any promoted team would utterly dwarf their resources. 

But we did and we got relegated badly. 

You can still do it you just need to be better run.  Make better choices. 

There are many teams looking like bloated monsters who are hemorrhaging money like it's out of fashion. We've just got to be smart, and continually smarter.  There is no instant fix, we've got to be like Leicester but better. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Aston Villa should NEVER have got relegated. It should have been a complete impossibility.  Our income compared to any promoted team would utterly dwarf their resources. 

But we did and we got relegated badly. 

You can still do it you just need to be better run.  Make better choices. 

There are many teams looking like bloated monsters who are hemorrhaging money like it's out of fashion. We've just got to be smart, and continually smarter.  There is no instant fix, we've got to be like Leicester but better. 

The real way to do it is to line up massive state sponsors all at the same time to pump in £250 million per year for 4 years.   

At the same time, blow £600m on players in one summer (£150m per year over 4 years in FFP terms).   And take that gamble and qualify for CL in that season. 

Do the same the next season.

After that it becomes a lot easier to become self-sustaining.

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The real way to do it is to line up massive state sponsors all at the same time to pump in £250 million per year for 4 years.   

At the same time, blow £600m on players in one summer (£150m per year over 4 years in FFP terms).   And take that gamble and qualify for CL in that season. 

Do the same the next season.

After that it becomes a lot easier to become self-sustaining.

I posted this as a joke, but thinking about it further its actually true.   And Villa might just be thinking this way on a smaller scale. 

Firstly, next summer our Shirt Sponsor, Sleeve Sponsor and Kit Manufacturing deal all expire. We could probably get in much higher value ones, say on a par with Leicester or Everton.

We also have a net spend of Zero this summer.   That gives us a lot of leeway next summer.    We could hold fire this summer, and next summer go for broke for the CL (within reason).

• Thanks 1

Villa fans: “We need to start generating more income through sponsorships”

Also Villa fans: “I’m really disappointed that we’ve made a deal with ……., it’s a horrible business that they’re in”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The club needs to drop Socios ASAP

Purslow last year said the club wouldn't jump on the Socios bandwagon.

Disheartening change of stance. 

• Like 3

On 14/08/2021 at 07:14, nepal_villan said:

Commercial guide to the Premier League   and clubs:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/premier-league-2021-22-guide-club-sponsor-tv-rights-deals?

The first step is for us to become best of the rest. Everton for example earn £7M more on their kit deal and £4M more from Cazoo than us. 

Does our shirt deal with Cazoo expire after this season?

And if so, who do people want to see on the shirt?

Also, whoever it is, the logo should be yellow/gold.

The W we had two years ago looked really nice.

Edited by maqroll

Interesting to see the Monster deal announcement as they’ve been all over sponsoring motorsport for years (Motocross, MotoGP, World Rally, etc).

Not sure I agree with all these ‘partners’ personally but I guess it’s the way of the footballing world at present and we’re playing catch up. 

This is from 2 years ago. Neither we or them are exactly treading new ground here.

MONSTER ENERGY SIGNS SPONSORSHIP DEALS WITH EIGHT PREMIER LEAGUE CLUBS

Monster Energy made its first foray into English top-flight football last week, agreeing sponsorship deals with no less than eight Premier League clubs. These partnerships add to the growing number of manufacturers taking advantage of sport to promote unhealthy food and drink items.

Last week, Monster Energy became the official energy drinks partner of Brighton and Hove Albion, Crystal Palace, Everton, Leicester City, Southampton, Tottenham Hostpur, Watford and West Ham United, bringing the total number of clubs associating with energy drinks manufacturers to nine.

These eight clubs follow Chelsea in associating themselves with high-sugar, high-acid, high-caffeine beverage manufacturers. Chelsea signed a deal with Thai energy drinks manufacturer Carabao in 2016, who also sponsor the English Football League Cup.

https://healthystadia.eu/monster-energy-signs-sponsorship-deals-with-eight-premier-league-clubs/

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Cadbury would be great. Imagine their gold logo on a home shirt, beautiful. However, I very much doubt they’d be able to offer us the amount required.

Unfortunately, it’s usually a gambling firm. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Cazoo looks fine and aren't a betting company so I'd be happy to keep them if they offer enough.  I'm a bit surprised NSWE haven't already used one of their firms to sponsor us at over-inflated rate.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Was it the council that blocked it, or did we just never bother putting ourselves out there for these sort of events?

I wonder how much they pay for hiring the venue?    edit - google says around £20,000.

Link? I’d say you could multiply that by ten.

16 hours ago, pete101 said:

It's hilarious , people giving out about monster and wasn't too long ago we all were getting excited about the potential takeover by redbull 

I think you will find there were A LOT of people against that. The natives were extremely restless about that idea. 

17 hours ago, pete101 said:

It's hilarious , people giving out about monster and wasn't too long ago we all were getting excited about the potential takeover by redbull 

I definitely dont remember that since was mainly uproar about changing club colours and name for a start 

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The club needs to drop Socios ASAP

I did rob this idea from twitter tbh but isn't it the same as this...

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 4

Â