Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

16 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

It was in the papers here that Villa made a 6 digit profit with the tour of Australia.

6 digit could just mean £100k which wouldn't be very good.  

Hopefully more like £999,999 profit lol

I think Man Utd usually make around £5 million from their pre-season games.

Just now, ender4 said:

I think Man Utd usually make around £5 million from their pre-season games.

The reason for that is that ManUre tour the world and show the flag on a regular basis and this gives them a hugh following worldwide.At the ManUre Vs Villa game there were 60,000 attendance and about 58,000 were ManUre supporters.I have personally seen ManUre play  ( in this part of the world ) about 6/8 times.The first time I saw them play was in New Zealand when the European cup winning team toured with Best,Charlton,Stiles etc etc and they have been touring the world ever since.No wonder they make 5m,their fan base has expanded over years over here.We should be doing the same thing.

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

The reason for that is that ManUre tour the world and show the flag on a regular basis and this gives them a hugh following worldwide.At the ManUre Vs Villa game there were 60,000 attendance and about 58,000 were ManUre supporters.I have personally seen ManUre play  ( in this part of the world ) about 6/8 times.The first time I saw them play was in New Zealand when the European cup winning team toured with Best,Charlton,Stiles etc etc and they have been touring the world ever since.No wonder they make 5m,their fan base has expanded over years over here.We should be doing the same thing.

I'm sure Purslow is on it with our games in Australia and France.  Just a shame we are decades behind some other clubs, will take a long time to catch up.

• Like 1

Really disappointing move for all the obvious reasons. 

I like to think that the club is more socially conscious than this, but I'm only fooling myself thinking that.

We are just like the rest of the clubs that prostrate themselves to whatever dodgy firm waves the biggest stack of cash at them.

Hopefully Purslow gets an earful at the next fan consult. 

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Yep you cant compare us to united. Their fanbase is massive globally although now they gone shite in years to come they might not be as popular for newbies in the sport

On 11/08/2022 at 13:08, Rich192 said:

Well let’s let the club know and defund the womens team then. Only solution. 

If the club started an men’s American Football team and used money from the men’s team to fund it I’d feel exactly the same. 

On 11/08/2022 at 14:00, sparrow1988 said:

I’d imagine that there is a portion of the revenue created going to the men’s team going to the women’s “to get them started” so to speak with a view to them becoming fully self-sustainable in the future. The signing of Daley, for example - I don’t think that happens without revenue that the men’s team has generated. It will however help the women’s team become more self-sustainable. 

The men's team is hardly self sustainable. Millions of pounds of loans from our owners, I doubt they dictated that it should be spent on the men's team only.

• Like 1

Like it or not ladies football is rightfully here to stay and should be funded by per its needs. Keeping it on topic successful ladies teams here and in the US with Villa Las Vegas coupled with a mens MLS side will be extremely attractive and puts us in a great position to negotiate with blue chip sponsors given the huge market coverage it’ll bring and we will be able to start bridge the gap commercially. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

On 11/08/2022 at 13:34, The_Steve said:

Link
spacer.png

Meet our European gambling partners. Can’t anyone at the club do their homework? This whole thing stinks. Crypto gambling is illegal in the US for a reason. 

Barnsley have just cancelled a contract with a crypto company as fans have protested it

I dont think our CEO would even listen if we tried

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Barnsley have just cancelled a contract with a crypto company as fans have protested it

Lazy again as Nicola Ibbetson is CCO and in control of these deals - any excuse to moan and have a dig cause you don’t like the manager 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If it was up to fans , based on my experience we wouldn't even have nice seats in the dugout.

I always recollect " wHy sHoUld pLaYeRs bE cOmFoRtAbLe oN tHe bEnCh "

Most fans move off emotion, business men move off logic and financial sense.

Meanwhile, you just want to have a dig at Purslow.... mostly due to the Scouser 🤣

Fans are the heart and soul of the club, but that does not mean they are always right.

" The customer is always right " is a myth.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

This is random, but does anyone know how much Amazon pays to clubs to produce All or Nothing? Also do you think it will benefit us if we had one for Villa? 

Missed our chance with that. It would have been during the Dr Tony shenanigans, losing playoff, Deano, winning streak, getting to another final and redemption/maybe stretching it out to survival in 1st season (or preferably the 7-2). It would have made for a better drama than pretty much all the two bit clubs they actually have chosen and I'm not just saying that as a villa fan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

This is random, but does anyone know how much Amazon pays to clubs to produce All or Nothing? Also do you think it will benefit us if we had one for Villa? 

They wouldn't do it

The NFL has a rule where teams have no choice to do some TV stuff, it was all or nothing and theres also hard knocks and something else, the teams have an obligation and the league assisted amazon with who they could pick (that's my understanding anyway)  which lead to some interesting teams 

With football they're picking top table clubs, it's a bit boring imo, haven't watched the juve or arsenal one nor amazon's docs on bayern or dortmund or psg, can see a la liga club being next

• 1 month later...

Pink is also playing Villa Park next year. 

Something has clearly changed. No concerts for 20 odd years and we've had Foo Fighters (cancelled) Bruce Springsteen now Pink. No doubt more on the way. 

Â