Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Obvious name which fits perfectly for a stadium sponsor is Wes Eden’s Fortress Fund - Fortress Villa Park … Then get TNF to sponsor the north stand - The North Face Stand … 

Looking at the value of Arsenals agreement with Emirates which works out to be £15mill+ per annum. If we could sign a long term deal with the right partner, then surely Villa Park should be worth at least £7.5+ mill per season - would it worth selling our soul for half a Matty Cash ? 

" Fortress Villa Park " would be epic to be fair.

We'd then need to make it a Fortress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

The point is that they are not claiming the rules are illegitimate, or invalid. They claim that they didn't breach the rules, whereas the authorities claim they did breach the rules. But they are not disputing the rules have legitimacy and should be abided by.

From the outside, the appearance to me is that they may well have breached them and may well have done so knowingly and deliberately on order to "catch up" with the financial clout of other (then) more established top level clubs. But the courts will decide and City have very good and very expensive lawyers.

Edit - and to stay on topic, increasing commercial revenue via sponsorship or naming rights and so on - it needs to be done at fair market rates and this is the thing that clubs like Villa basically have to abide by, whereas hypothetically, clubs like Newcastle and PSG and Man City which are essentially owned by states could abuse that situation via the huge resources of those states, further slanting the playing field.

They may be putting forward a narrative, but doesn’t mean we buy into it. They knew exactly what they were doing in seeking an advantage over other clubs.

The PL can put as many rules in as possible around commercial revenue, but has no teeth when they have to rely on whistleblowers for evidence of improper acts and clubs like City have no interest in accepting their penance. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

They may be putting forward a narrative, but doesn’t mean we buy into it. They knew exactly what they were doing in seeking an advantage over other clubs.

The PL can put as many rules in as possible around commercial revenue, but has no teeth when they have to rely on whistleblowers for evidence of improper acts and clubs like City have no interest in accepting their penance. 

Yeah, that I do agree with.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would too but that would only apply to the generation that grew up with it at Villa Park. I still refer to Whitehart Lane, Highbury and St Mary's etc and I always will, even though WHL and Highbury are physically different stadiums at a different location. However, young supporters will no doubt call it The Emirates

Talking of Spurs, I said a few times that I can't understand how they still haven't sold the naming rights to the new ground but then watching the Joshua fight the amount of times the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium got said in the broadcast, it promotes the club name all around the world.  Throw in the NFL matches where Tottenham Hotspur Stadium gets mentioned too, it may be more beneficial than getting a random sponsor for it, unless it is ridiculous money.  If NSWE to manage to get a Vegas Villans team in the MLS the connection with the name Villa Park may be a better promotional tool in the US than if we sold the rights to its name.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Fortress Villa Park " would be epic to be fair.

We'd then need to make it a Fortress.

I do cringe at names like that because you’re setting yourself up for failure or ridicule.  Man U’s Theatre of Dreams for example when things are going wrong.  I heard somebody say ‘Garden of Eden’ as well. I hope we don’t but I assume we will have a name at some point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Talking of Spurs, I said a few times that I can't understand how they still haven't sold the naming rights to the new ground but then watching the Joshua fight the amount of times the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium got said in the broadcast, it promotes the club name all around the world.  Throw in the NFL matches where Tottenham Hotspur Stadium gets mentioned too, it may be more beneficial than getting a random sponsor for it, unless it is ridiculous money.  If NSWE to manage to get a Vegas Villans team in the MLS the connection with the name Villa Park may be a better promotional tool in the US than if we sold the rights to its name.

googled it a little and saw the news story that "spurs are holding out for the biggest stadium naming rights deal in history" yeah that sounds about right, to be fair same as us or anyone else you wait and see what the saudis do to the market value now

west ham too, there was a rumour a few years ago that as part of their absolutely not corrupt tenancy agreement they would get the money should they land a sponsorship deal but again its a mixture of them wanting too much money and they are happily promoting themselves as London FC so playing at the London Stadium helps

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

The Coutinho and Digne (presumed) will hopefully create buzz amongst our current and prospective commercial partners. After all of this, it would really be  a let down if our kit supplier ended up being Castore.

I’ve been repeatedly wrong about the clubs decisions but I really can’t see it being Castore unless they’re giving us a LOT of money. At the end of the day, as much as I personally have a really visceral negative reaction to the brand, if they’re paying us the most then fine. As much as I’d love us to have kits like the Venezia ones, or be a top tier Nike club (because that’s my kinda vibe) I don’t really give a shit what the players are wearing as long as it’s not so bad it reflects negatively on our brand.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

I have a feeling our kit deal for next year will already have been done - I'm sure I remember @NurembergVillan saying that there's quite a long lead in for a new kit manufacturer so that they can set up production and distribution or something like that. Although that could just be something that's happening in my head, like the penguins.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling our kit deal for next year will already have been done - I'm sure I remember @NurembergVillan saying that there's quite a long lead in for a new kit manufacturer so that they can set up production and distribution or something like that. It could just something that's happening in my head though, like the penguins.

Surely they have existing kit facilities that is easy to utilise. I'd say we've not yet agreed new sponsor but it'll be in the coming months. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Surely they have existing kit facilities that is easy to utilise. I'd say we've not yet agreed new sponsor but it'll be in the coming months. 

I'm sure I remember Nicola Ibbotson saying that these deals are often negotiated twelve months in advance - I could be completely wrong.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling our kit deal for next year will already have been done - I'm sure I remember @NurembergVillan saying that there's quite a long lead in for a new kit manufacturer so that they can set up production and distribution or something like that. Although that could just be something that's happening in my head, like the penguins.

It’s highly likely yeah, I don’t know about the kit industry specifically but design, manufacture and sign off in other clothing industries is typically 6-12 months 

edit; I didn’t see the actual expert had posted 3 hours ago 😂

Edited by a m ole

Â