Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes and my perception is that most don’t or didn’t expect them to raise and that there is an unrealistic expectation amongst fans that the owners will continue to spend, the team improve, demand increase but that cost doesn’t.

The ticket price of £50 isn’t the most expensive I believe those are £55 in the DE, I’m not sure they are the “posh seats”.

That has definitely been the vibe on Twitter. I don’t think the rise is extortionate, I appreciate that ticket income only accounts for a relatively small part of our income in the grand scheme of things, but this all helps towards FFP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

So its £50 a ticket for Wolves… I did say they would be looking to increase ticket revenue from the existing capacity before they would expand.

I was almost universally told I was wrong, well looks like its starting.

So it’s your fault 

• Like 2

Sorry to soil the thread with gossip from this publication but anyhow... Anyone think we might be one of the clubs mentioned?

"Multan Villa" or perhaps "Lahore Villa"?

Premier League clubs are ready to cash in on new Pakistani league by 'twinning' with teams from the franchise... and they could wear the same colours as their partnered side

• Six Premier League teams are looking to form partnerships with Pakistani clubs 
  • English outfits will 'twin' with sides ahead of the PFL's launch next spring  
  • It is the first partnership of its kind and could see teams adopting similar colours

Premier League clubs are looking to explore the Pakistani market by ‘twinning’ with teams from the country’s new franchise competition.

The Pakistan Football League (PFL) is launching next spring with sides from the cities of Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, Islamabad, Peshawar and Multan.

Sportsmail understands those six teams will each form partnerships with an English club and could even adopt the same colours and nicknames as their Premier League counterparts.

Premier League sides hope the partnerships can help them grow their brands and fanbases in a largely untapped market. They also plan to use the twinning to try to engage with their own local Asian community. The Pakistan teams will benefit by being able to tap into the expertise of their Premier League partners and potentially spend time at their training facilities.

The strengthening of sporting ties between England and Pakistan comes at a time when tensions are high between the two nation’s cricket boards following England’s withdrawal from their proposed T20 tour there next month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10022807/Premier-League-clubs-ready-cash-new-Pakistani-league-twinning-clubs.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Sorry to soil the thread with gossip from this publication but anyhow... Anyone think we might be one of the clubs mentioned?

"Multan Villa" or perhaps "Lahore Villa"?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10022807/Premier-League-clubs-ready-cash-new-Pakistani-league-twinning-clubs.html

Neil Taylor spoke a lot for young players from India or Pakistan from memory, maybe we are. Would it be a potential revenue generator? Yes, not huge but neither would the investment be huge either.

So what do people think of the idea of playing one Prem game abroad. Seems to be making the rounds again. I'd prefer the 20 Prem teams split up into groups of 5 teams each for a pre season tournament abroad somewhere. 4 games in 14 days or something 

Or we could have two mini tournaments of 10 teams two groups of 5 and a final 

The key would be all money is for the Prem and shared equally between the teams but with some added money for those who win each group or something so there is a reason to be competitive

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So what do people think of the idea of playing one Prem game abroad.

The obvious thing to do would be to play the League cup quarters/semi's (both legs) abroad. Could have it all over 1 week and most likely would be 4 premier league teams.

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The obvious thing to do would be to play the League cup quarters/semi's (both legs) abroad. Could have it all over 1 week and most likely would be 4 premier league teams.

Issue there is that's in middle of the season. So having 4 prem teams fly to another Continent only benefits those 4 clubs or to detriment of those 4 clubs

The idea here would be revenue generation by the Premier League that is distributed equally among the 20 + parachute teams. The idea is to level the financial gap between top and bottom to some degree

Edited by CVByrne

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So what do people think of the idea of playing one Prem game abroad. Seems to be making the rounds again. I'd prefer the 20 Prem teams split up into groups of 5 teams each for a pre season tournament abroad somewhere. 4 games in 14 days or something 

The key would be all money is for the Prem and shared equally between the teams but with some added money for those who win each group or something so there is a reason to be competitive

The players need a holiday followed by a preseason and FIFA and UEFA would be hugely against introducing a new tournament to take place in the summer that isn't under their control. There would be naff all cash in hosting a friendly tournament, it would need to be competitive. 

I think the idea of having a PL game played abroad is potentially good for the PL but I can't see too many teams wanting to give up their home advantage

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The players need a holiday followed by a preseason and FIFA and UEFA would be hugely against introducing a new tournament to take place in the summer that isn't under their control. There would be naff all cash in hosting a friendly tournament, it would need to be competitive. 

I think the idea of having a PL game played abroad is potentially good for the PL but I can't see too many teams wanting to give up their home advantage

The players are already playing 5+ pre season games. This means no additional football just structure to the preseason as a way to create revenue for the Prem teams.

Playing a Prem game abroad is the starting point for 10 games abroad and then 20. It should be resisted at all costs, domestic competition is just that. Domestic

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Honestly I'm not sure I get it. I am all for increasing revenue, but surely the reason you would play overseas games is to increase the profile of the league/teams. 

Now I've been fortunate to see a bit of the world over the years, and I have never been to any country where folks have not heard of the Premier League. It is by some distance the most watched league around the world. 

The twinning idea mentioned elsewhere with regard to Pakistan seems like a better fit to me, because it can grow interest in the local league and the Premier League at the same time.  Then have a pre-season visit where we play our doppelgangers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Zero need to export the premier league anywhere.

Its the English game and should remain as such, that’s not coming from a place of xenophobia but pure logic. The NFL started this trend of playing abroad to widen appeal but that’s totally unnecessary for the premier league and football is already played widely with most countries having their own professional setup.

Agreed. Although it already happens in the NFL, it's a totally different beast. There is no local professional equivalent in the UK, so it benefits the British based fans as much as it does the nfl teams that come over.

Football is played globally already, and the attraction of seeing a PL game live probably brings more to the country than shipping the matches overseas would. Not to mention the detraction of professionalism or fairness that sending a game overseas would cause. 

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Quite a few serie A teams have a second sponsor underneath the players number, an arse sponsor if you will. We could get some more money by getting an arse sponsor.

Not allowed in the Premier League. EFL clubs have the same, but have to get rid once promoted, I think we even had one at one point?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If they really need to do an overseas game, they should just do an All-Star game. North XI v South XI or something like that.

58 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The players are already playing 5+ pre season games. This means no additional football just structure to the preseason as a way to create revenue for the Prem teams.

That would not suit the clubs, preseason has a purpose and to achieve that purpose the managers have the ability to make 11 subs at H/T and focus on getting players fit and trying some new things. If preseason was turned into a meaningless tournament there would be very few commercial opportunities and the TV / advertising value would be low.

Its not going to happen

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Its the English game and should remain as such, that’s not coming from a place of xenophobia but pure logic.

The clubs are based in England but the majority of paying fans are outside England. That is why the PL has so much money, it is because it now has a global audience and no longer is just an England audience

Â