Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

Now we are getting to be an established prem club - with possibly the best squad of players for many years - how do we capitalise on that relative success   and increase our commercial revenue.

We don't seem to land overly big sponsor deals - does this matter as we have have the 3rd/4th richest owners in the prem ?  - should we just hope they keep pumping millions in - and eventually we will get CL league - and the off field revenue that begins   - or should we be smarter than that  ?

Our owners are clearly very astute and savvy in business, so I wouldn’t worry.

Having better players, better league position gives us greater exposure and with that greater commercial opportunities.

We need some success first and I this could be winning a cup this season perhaps? 

I know its not mega money - but catering is one area where would could improve. What about pre ordered drinks and food ? - getting anything at half time is a total joke - and a cup of tea tastes like dog piss (how do I know ? - don't ask) 

We are quite behind in this area - I guess covid will complicate things now.

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Our owners are clearly very astute and savvy in business, so I wouldn’t worry.

Having better players, better league position gives us greater exposure and with that greater commercial opportunities.

We need some success first and I this could be winning a cup this season perhaps? 

Yes in a sense they have done what I look for in many owners - they sort things on the pitch first. Be good if we could build an off field empire though !

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I know its not mega money - but catering is one area where would could improve. What about pre ordered drinks and food ? - getting anything at half time is a total joke - and a cup of tea tastes like dog piss (how do I know ? - don't ask) 

We are quite behind in this area - I guess covid will complicate things now.

Finding the golden goose is all well and good, but it's improving areas like this that make a difference too. I'd be interested to see how our matchday revenue compares with other clubs with similarly sized stadia.

I still think a link-up with the Bucks would help, as a lot of NBA followers in the UK won't necessarily be diehard fans of a single team, so can be moulded to forge a bond with the Bucks....and vice versa in the US and their PL allegiances.   

• Like 1

Honestly, this is my concern. I worry the gap is just too far for us to close without UCL money. Means we will really have to punch above our weight for several years until sponsors look at us as a major property and ticket demand is such that we can expand the stadium and increase ticket prices.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Having white-label gambling sleeve sponsors and crypto currency deals with Socios is not the way forward. Very disappointed again.

I agree, but unfortunately they are the type of companies that are prepared to pay the highest sponsorship fees. Hopefully, we can move to more ethical sponsorship as we raise our profile

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Having white-label gambling sleeve sponsors and crypto currency deals with Socios is not the way forward. Very disappointed again.

Yup. Our next kit deal and shirt sponsor will tell a lot about how the club is trending and the strength of our commercial team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And that crypto company get slaughtered on Trust pilot where it's listed as a scam!

Just wondered who they were... won't be using it!!

Lots of sponsorship companies for shirts to shoelaces is great, but the big money comes from over-inflating other incomes. All a FFP illusion.

• Like 1

Nassef owns 6% of Adidas so I would expect us to be getting a very big sponsorship deal with them next year. Shirt sponsor should be a good one also given NSWE business links and the clear upward trajectory of the club.

Next is Villa Park which they can develop outside of any FFP items. This is an asset they own and can improve to grow revenue which is then included in FFP calcs. This would be done via their own cash and not funded by a bank ala Spurs. 

The benefits of having the 3rd richest owners in the Premier League are significant. 

With recent comments on here about problems accessing the Villa website for tickets etc, then we should look to spend a tiny amount of jacks money on making the ticketing process and look of the website much easier and better for everyone.

We need to attract more income then lets make it easier rather than a frustrating exercise that puts prospective supporters (customers?) off straight away...

Regards

Derek

• Like 2

Spurs have a 15 year deal with Nike for 30m a year. They struck that in early 2019. Arsenal have a 60m per year deal with Adidas. Depends on if we sell merchandising rights too or retain that ourselves.

The number of shirt sales is a key metric though. So hopefully we have high numbers this season. Use an upward trajectory for the club and Nassef's sway we'd hopefully get something near what Spurs get (they got a long term deal to secure cashflows). We'll get a 3-5 year deal most likely with 20-25m per year. European football would be big help here.

Everton get 9.6m per year from Cazoo. We get 6m per year from them. We should be aiming to get 15m per year on new kit sponsor

• Like 1

Â