Villa vs Salernitana Sunday 08/08/21 @14:00

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thought Ramsey was really good when he came on. Lovely technique in all that he does

I have to agree. he was very lively and had a couple of fantastic interceptions that lead to dangerous attacks. I think he is a very useful player and somewhat underrated.

30 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thought Ramsey was really good when he came on. Lovely technique in all that he does

Yep I thought he and Young were the pick of the subs. He looks fabulous in everything he does but plays too conservatively for my liking. Was far more incisive today and was instrumental in Young's goal. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

What formation did we play after the 60th minute?  We were much better than with the 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 we played until then. Worry Watkins and Ings won't work

Looked like we switched to 4-3-3

I wouldn't read too much into it. Salernitana were done by that point and couldn't run anymore.

They looked really poor side tbh, average championship side at best.

Only saw the second half ...

Tyrone Mings was my MotSH ... made the whole thing look like a stroll in the park on a Sunday afternoon.

The difference between two teams for me was that Villa, about half the time, tried to unweave the visitors defence, whereas Salernitana tried to bludgeon their way through (in the nicest possible way).

Connor was not as bad as people made out. Bertie was rusty,  Ashley's goal was bit of sublime teamwork (unweaving the defence), El Ghazi was OK

edit  ...  where was Guilbert today?

Edited by fruitvilla

3 hours ago, birdman said:

Traore clearly not up to speed but no reason to write him off after a friendly! 

That was a very good run out and a nice warm up for Watford. 

Bidace and Chuk very promising. Ash Young excellent and Targett consistent as ever. Mings always in control, not really tested too much though. 

I wrote him off halfway through last season. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Was this filmed on a soviet camcorder someone bought from Del Boy? 

I also applaud the commitment to cutting each shot off mid sentence. What a dreadful video.

(Thanks for posting it, I know there's not much else out there, but it's painful to watch)

Edited by Davkaus

Â