Villa vs Salernitana Sunday 08/08/21 @14:00

Salernitana will hold their own in Serie A this season, definitely not as bad as I thought they might be. Overall I think this has been a good test for us and it has demonstrated that Young must start and that Ings is going to do well for us this year. JPB will also play the Ramsey role this year and get a few assists and maybe some goals. Should be a good season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ironically we looked at our poorest with the starting 11 - last season's regulars 

Probably because they are so used to going through Jack they pretty much exclusively attacked down the left. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah he was probably going off 5 minutes later, so they subbed him off as a precaution. 

Yeah.

People need to realize the difference between a little knock and a real injury.

Had this been a real game he'd stayed on the pitch.

He'll be back to training tomorrow. Don't worry.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Traore is being very.......... Traore.  Exciting but ultimately a let down.  Showing why we needed to replace him to improve. 

He's also not fit.  Was injured most of the preseason

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah.

People need to realize the difference between a little knock and a real injury.

Had this been a real game he'd stayed on the pitch.

He'll be back to training tomorrow. Don't worry.

You don’t know that.  Let’s wait and see.  Hopefully just a knock.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Traore may be rusty, great to see Chukwuemeka grow in confidence.

Why did he get such a long holiday?

According to a quick search Burkina Faso's last game was mid-June, can't understand why he got the same time off as Emi, Jack, Mings 

Thankfully we may not be seeing as much of Traore this season if Buendia and Bailey are our first choice wingers. I thought he was way off the pace today - even though he wasn't fully fit there's no excuse for being greedy. 

all in all a pretty solid game. weren't really that threatened except the poor goal we conceded from their set piece. think that is something we need to work on, but other than that I thought it was a decent display without a couple of (who I think will be given) starters present.

Â