Villa vs Salernitana Sunday 08/08/21 @14:00

12 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

They look a bit naff truthfully speaking but it’s fitness at the end of the day. 

we must have had the worst buildup with

- Emi/Emi/Dougie playing in Copa America 

- Dougie still away with Brazil

- Grealish/Mings extended leave after England

- all the chaos and distraction of the Jack move

- New players with varying levels of ability to train

- Two decent level friendlies cancelled

Annoyingly it looks like Watford’s has gone swimming.

Could be worse...

- Kane - Disneyworld.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I paid for that yearly subscription offer that included the pre season friendlies so I'm really hoping they do stream it.

Me to, Im still not sure what else we get in this yearly subscription? 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Me to, Im still not sure what else we get in this yearly subscription? 

You get the full length versions of the interviews that do the social media rounds. Extended training ground footage, all the u23 and u18 games I think, maybe all the womens games and I'm 100% on this but I think all prem games will be on there after sky and the beeb have done all their showings. We also used to get loads of funnies on YouTube so hopefully more of that to. Be brilliant if there was an official podcast on there too (there may already be).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

They look a bit naff truthfully speaking but it’s fitness at the end of the day. 

we must have had the worst buildup with

- Emi/Emi/Dougie playing in Copa America 

- Dougie still away with Brazil

- Grealish/Mings extended leave after England

- all the chaos and distraction of the Jack move

- New players with varying levels of ability to train

- Two decent level friendlies cancelled

Annoyingly it looks like Watford’s has gone swimming.

There’s teams that had nearly their whole first 11 in these tournaments. 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve just paid the £5 for this in the excitement of seeing Ings and Buendia playing. Anyone know if I’ll be able to watch it via my TV? Not used Villa TV before!

If you had learned anything from this Villa pre season it would be to not be subscribing to anything until 5 min before kick off...

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve just paid the £5 for this in the excitement of seeing Ings and Buendia playing. Anyone know if I’ll be able to watch it via my TV? Not used Villa TV before!

Cast from a laptop/smartphone to your smart TV?

Other-wise a good old HDMI cable from your laptop.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Cast from a laptop/smartphone to your smart TV?

Other-wise a good old HDMI cable from your laptop.

I’ve logged into Villa TV on the browser on my TV, hoping that’ll work, if not the above is Plan B. Thanks mate! 

Mate. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

The last game I watched on my Android phone I had a "cast to TV" icon in the top right of the video. Worked fine. Obviously your TV will need to be on same wifi network and allow casting from other devices. Most smart TVs do. 

Edited by birdman

It's a shame that the Sevilla game was cancelled as I think that would have been a very good final friendly game against strong opposition who finished 4th in La Liga last season. 

But at least we managed to get something else organised.

I don't know much about Salernitana but know they just got promoted to Serie A for the first time in 20 odd years. Can't say I really know anyone from their squad.

Should win comfortably you'd hope and an opportunity for Ings, Buendia, Traore, Watkins etc to play together. 

No idea when Bailey is going to join the squad but hopefully it is soon given our first league game is only a week away. 

On 06/08/2021 at 19:53, theboyangel said:

Admittedly do not know much about our opponents!

If anyone is interested, this is their squad according to transfermarkt. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/us-salernitana-1919/kader/verein/380

Their most valuable player (by a distance) has spent his entire career on loan from Sampadoria. 

If any of their CMs are decent we could buy them out of the petty cash box at BMH. Amazed a team in Serie A has a squad that cost less than Wesley. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Awol said:

Their most valuable player (by a distance) has spent his entire career on loan from Sampadoria. 

If any of their CMs are decent we could buy them out of the petty cash box at BMH. Amazed a team in Serie A has a squad that cost less than Wesley. 

Them and Venezia

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I think Buendia will miss this one unfortunately. 

Â