Villa vs Salernitana Sunday 08/08/21 @14:00

It's been very interesting - Ings looks really sharp and McGinn has looked decent, I think JPB has had a good game and Targett has looked fit.

We've struggled to deal with their size at set pieces and on the rare occasions they've attacked - Watford will be watching that carefully - and we've looked a little disjointed.

The back five need minutes together, they look rusty and this is the only 45 minutes they've played as a unit in pre-season - sorry Axel, but I wouldn't want to see any changes there - they need to find their rhythm. 

I'm not sure both of the strikers work up top together, that's going to make for a big decision for Dean when one of them needs to sit on the bench.

We don't quite look like we've found a shape or a pattern, we've missing a few who would start and we have weaknesses that need to be strengthened - there's a lot of work to do in the next six days - but where we have strengths, we're strong. 

• Like 1

Philogene-Bidace has been one of our best players in pre-season and he's been playing out of position if you consider he's normally a left winger, I'd like to see him given a chance on the left, maybe put Traore on the right. I think this is the kind of game that might suit Chukwuemeka's attacking qualities as well.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Philogene-Bidace has been one of our best players in pre-season and he's been playing out of position if you consider he's normally a left winger, I'd like to see him given a chance on the left, maybe put Traore on the right. I think this is the kind of game that might suit Chukwuemeka's attacking qualities as well.

I think JPB will come off the bench and create a winning goal for us this season.  I love his positioning off the ball especially.  Great mind on the lad.  

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â