Villa vs Salernitana Sunday 08/08/21 @14:00

It's been very interesting - Ings looks really sharp and McGinn has looked decent, I think JPB has had a good game and Targett has looked fit.

We've struggled to deal with their size at set pieces and on the rare occasions they've attacked - Watford will be watching that carefully - and we've looked a little disjointed.

The back five need minutes together, they look rusty and this is the only 45 minutes they've played as a unit in pre-season - sorry Axel, but I wouldn't want to see any changes there - they need to find their rhythm. 

I'm not sure both of the strikers work up top together, that's going to make for a big decision for Dean when one of them needs to sit on the bench.

We don't quite look like we've found a shape or a pattern, we've missing a few who would start and we have weaknesses that need to be strengthened - there's a lot of work to do in the next six days - but where we have strengths, we're strong. 

• Like 1

Philogene-Bidace has been one of our best players in pre-season and he's been playing out of position if you consider he's normally a left winger, I'd like to see him given a chance on the left, maybe put Traore on the right. I think this is the kind of game that might suit Chukwuemeka's attacking qualities as well.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Philogene-Bidace has been one of our best players in pre-season and he's been playing out of position if you consider he's normally a left winger, I'd like to see him given a chance on the left, maybe put Traore on the right. I think this is the kind of game that might suit Chukwuemeka's attacking qualities as well.

I think JPB will come off the bench and create a winning goal for us this season.  I love his positioning off the ball especially.  Great mind on the lad.  

Â