Squad Numbers 2021/22

skarroki

Saw the new squad numbers announced today. Always a day I look forward to, for no real reason at all.

1 Emiliano Martínez (GK) 16 -- 31 Carney Chukwuemeka
2 Matty Cash 17 Trezeguet 32 Jaden Philogene-Bidace
3 Matt Targett 18 Ashley Young 33 --
4 Ezri Konsa 19 Marvelous Nakamba 34 Tyreik Wright
5 Tyrone Mings 20 Danny Ings 35 --
6 Douglas Luiz 21 Anwar El Ghazi 36 Lamare Bogarde
7 John McGinn 22 -- 37 Mungo Bridge
8 Morgan Sanson 23 -- 38 Viljami Sinisalo (GK)
9 Wesley 24 Frédéric Guilbert 39 Keinan Davis
10 Emiliano Buendía 25 -- 40 Aaron Ramsey
11 Ollie Watkins 26 -- 41 Jacob Ramsey
12 Jed Steer (GK) 27 -- 42 Arjan Raikhy
13 -- 28 -- 43 Brad Young
14 Conor Hourihane 29 -- 44 Filip Marschall (GK)
15 Bertrand Traoré 30 Kortney Hause 45 Ben Chrisene

Currently just Leon Bailey unassigned. As I mentioned on his topic, I believe he's waiting for Wesley to leave so he can take the 9 shirt.

Players out on loan with numbers assigned:

33 Kaine Kesler-Hayden
35 Louie Barry
47 Seb Revan
  • Thanks 3

It also looks like JPB has been shifted to 62 and Sinisalo is 63, I haven't noticed numbers of other academy players but maybe they haven't made the same level of impression Chuk has, so they're back off to the under-23s

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It also looks like JPB has been shifted to 62 and Sinisalo is 63, I haven't noticed numbers of other academy players but maybe they haven't made the same level of impression Chuk has, so they're back off to the under-23s

Maybe outgoing on loan? 

Now that Bailey has officially been unveiled and our first game is only hours away, has he been given a squad number yet?

Edit: Just to add I know he was wearing 31 on his top in the pictures, but thats officially Chukwuemekas number. So I presume he was just wearing his top for the photoshoot

Edited by Junxs

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Now that Bailey has officially been unveiled and our first game is only hours away, has he been given a squad number yet?

Edit: Just to add I know he was wearing 31 on his top in the pictures, but thats officially Chukwuemekas number. So I presume he was just wearing his top for the photoshoot

He tweeted his arrival pics with #LB31 so it is his squad number 

I never understand why they leave so many numbers in the twenties blank — I used to think it was in case any big signings come in late in the window so they can have a ‘first-team player number.’

But it doesn’t look like we’re going to be signing many more players, if any, so I guess that’s that theory out the window.

Why no one has gone for ‘23’ baffles me too — who wouldn’t want to emulate Michael Jordan? Maybe I’m old.

• 2 weeks later...

Did it annoy anyone else that the 2 Chukwuemekas both had "C." before their names on the kit?

I mean whats the point, its supposed to distinguish the 2 players, so surely it makes no sense to add another 2 characters as the name is long enough as it is

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Did it annoy anyone else that the 2 Chukwuemekas both had "C." before their names on the kit?

I mean whats the point, its supposed to distinguish the 2 players, so surely it makes no sense to add another 2 characters as the name is long enough as it is

im surprised they dont choose to go by "Carney" and "Caleb" on their shirts (or something similar), in the same way many south americans / foreign players have names on the back of their shirts that arent their actual surname.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Cs must be what the club shop got instead of the first batch of Is and Es, so they've got to find any reasons they can to use them up.  Expect a deadline day move for Scamacca. :detect:

• Haha 1

Â