Weekends Football 6/8 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Mahrez running in treacle :lol: 

Had no pace so tried to be clever and cut in front of the Leicester players so they'd run into him and get a red card. Bit like the red card that Luiz got in the Olympics, no way to avoid it for the defending player.

Didn't work thankfully. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I’m not sure, players used to regularly hit the corners with pace. Now 9 out of 10 get nowhere near the goal.

Corners I'm sure I've seen something on, there's a relatively new thing where they're trying to get the ball to drop in the middle but it's hard to do it so so many of them hit the first man

Theyre no longer trying to hang the ball up for the big man to attack or just chucking it in the mixer 

FWIW I took a perfect one at football Wednesday night 😛 went over the head of the defender on the front post but dipped and hit my attacker thigh high middle of the goal 6 yards out, he put it over the bar on a jumping volley was a hard technique for the strike and I doubt he saw it until late 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Guardiola’s arrogance gets the better of him again. Played a load of kids and expected to turn over the 5th best team in the PL last season.

Shame.

'trying to promote youth'  trying to trick people into forgetting he's really a cheque book manager. 

• Like 1

Â