Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worked himself into the ground, was all over the pitch. You just wish he could stay around the box when those chances fall.

His reading of the game and intelligence is brilliant as well.

Unlucky to be subbed.

Aye. His workrate was Watkins-like.

I think he pulled up after one of his runs. I suspect that was the reason for being subbed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worked himself into the ground, was all over the pitch. You just wish he could stay around the box when those chances fall.

His reading of the game and intelligence is brilliant as well.

Unlucky to be subbed.

I think they are all going to have to get used to that from now on, we have a very talented bench now and some real game changers wanting to get on, there’s no shame in it. I think Smith is going to play his games with 14 players from now on.

• Like 2

I thought he was pretty neat and tidy today, dropped deep when he could and held onto the ball well. Just frustrating none of the chances fell to him as we'd have been 1 up long before 88th minute.

Ollie worked hard aswell but he was sloppy today, fluffed a couple of chances and ridiculous how often he was offside second half.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2021 at 17:15, Jono62 said:

He does drop into midfield a lot. His work rate is phenomenonal and his pressing is second to none.

High praise given he shares a pitch with Watkins. We have a lively front line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

This can only be a good thing.

Yeah, it's great to see how much he's bought into the project and team that he's willing to work so hard for us. If truth be told, I'd rather the numbers were reversed and Ings had some of the opportunities Watkins has had so far this season as he's such a natural finisher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Credit for the graphic goes to For the Love of Paul McGrath podcast, which is on youtube if u wanna watch it.

The below is Ings' touch map versus Manure, the guy works his socks off!

image.png.43bd5fbd6001301ea45bb28c3e5a99f1.png

Needs to stop trying to be Harry Kane and coming deep. Not enough touches in the box.

Troll GIF on GIFER - by Morisar

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Credit for the graphic goes to For the Love of Paul McGrath podcast, which is on youtube if u wanna watch it.

The below is Ings' touch map versus Manure, the guy works his socks off!

image.png.43bd5fbd6001301ea45bb28c3e5a99f1.png

Appreciate his off the ball work, but he is not getting into any goal scoring positions :

image.thumb.png.d6072f5bf595516ee038d6e1e1a26393.png

Not sure what the problem is. Watkins is getting 5x better chances per 90 than Ings. It can’t be just down to luck.

Edited by Czarnikjak

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Appreciate his off the ball work, but he is not getting into any goal scoring positions :

image.thumb.png.d6072f5bf595516ee038d6e1e1a26393.png

Not sure what the problem is. Watkins is getting 5x better chances per 90 than Ings. It can’t be just down to luck.

It’s probably down to the way we set up / shape we need a link between midfield and wingbacks in advanced position 

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s probably down to the way we set up / shape we need a link between midfield and wingbacks in advanced position 

I don’t think it’s that. He was equally not getting in goal scoring positions in our first 3 games where he was the only striker. Apart from the penalty and the scissor kick he hardly had any other chances to score. Weird.

It’s not like he is involved and helping much with the build up either,

image.thumb.png.2fd2386942160d69e12e81c5b36704bf.png

Edited by Czarnikjak

Â