Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I'm baffled by this deal

Ings is too good to play back up and so is Ollie

neither seem likely to be playing out of position 

We're not playing enough games to rotate them properly 

As an asset, Ings is not likely to increase in value.

He's also a knock away from his legs falling off 

he's great and bangs in goals, but whhhhy?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

There’s a reason we’ve signed Buendia and Bailey and will probably go on to sign another attacking player. It’s because we need to improve and to improve, Traore can’t be in our first XI. 

Never known a player so overrated on this board. 

If we're looking to break into the top 6 then no I wouldn't necessarily want him starting every game but he's definitely a decent player and certainly isn't close to rubbish in most games he plays.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Villa sign a 1 in 2 Premier League striker.

Villa Talk: Ooh I dunno, £30m, he's "pushing 30" and he's injury prone, lot of money for a backup, where will he fit in? Nah not for me. 

Absolutely brilliant. Probably our finest hour. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I'm baffled by this deal

Ings is too good to play back up and so is Ollie

neither seem likely to be playing out of position 

We're not playing enough games to rotate them properly 

As an asset, Ings is not likely to increase in value.

He's also a knock away from his legs falling off 

he's great and bangs in goals, but whhhhy?

^ This had to be intentional lol 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Haha 4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Villa sign a 1 in 2 Premier League striker.

Villa Talk: Ooh I dunno, seems like a lot of money, he's "pushing 30" and he's injury prone, lot of money for a backup, where will he fit in? Nah not for me. 

Absolutely brilliant. Probably our finest hour. 

To go from Hogan, Kodjia to complaining about Ings.

Just incredible 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This signing is absolutely nuts, where does he fit?

Are we going 2 up top? Is Watkins dropping back? Obviously not a Grealish response? 

Edit: I’m delighted by it

Edited by Nicho

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Those who still have doubt watch his goals over the past 2 seasons on YouTube. 
You’ll soon change your mind about him.

and his general play, looking at him, his intricate play and general skill level is very underrated.

• Like 1

Ings got 20 premier league goals 2 years ago. 

We've never had a player do that. 

And some are not happy with this?

We have one of the best strikers in the league just joined us. 

Wesley and Keinan Davis were getting minutes these last two years. We had El Ghazi play games up front, we had to sign Samatta. 

And now we have Danny **** Ings leading the line. 

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

I'm more concerned by you turning purple

Me too, this is my 5th avatar today, it's been a wild ride. I think I might have to add and remove avatars until I get back to green

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Traore is rubbish for the most part in nearly every single game. I’m not blinded by the occasional moment of brilliance amongst all the times he loses the ball.

Watkins is good enough, I’m just not sure he is on the left. 

Traore needs consistency and then he'll be a good player, the price we paid for him suggests that consistency might never come but he's good enough to start 20 games in all comps and be 1st choice sub 

He's a bizarre player but he's not a lost cause, hopefully the challenge he now has will spark something in him

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Guys, Danny Ings is not coming here to sit on the bench in case Watkins finally breaks. So we need to wipe that from our thoughts. 

My guess is Watkins will be on the left defensively but with license to work the channels, push inside and drop deep whenever he fancies it. With his skillset, he can be trusted to get back into position and do the donkey work when required. He will still be on for 15+ goals as an inside forward. 

When it was mooted for Tammy, as much as I love him as a man I was less enthusiastic about his ability. Ings is the level of forward you make that 'compromise' for though. The pair of them can cover for one another too, as Ings is not shy when it comes to hard work. The pressing and movement laterally, between and beyond the defensive lines from the two of them combined with the blistering pace of Bailey will be very exciting indeed. Noted that Ings is no slouch either. 

Buendia is going to have a **** field day. 

really good post, i can see Ings up front with Watkins (left inside forward), Buendia (CAM) and bailey (right inside forward) as a really hard working and technically capable front line (ie: Ings has near Watkins level of work up front).

Also as u imply, that 4 could interchange fluidly, it would be a nightmare to close out.

• Like 2

Â