Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Think we may go with a more narrow front 3 and look to bolster the midfield. 2 holders with Emi in a more advanced central role and a narrow front 3 of Ings, Ollie and Bailey! More width from our full backs.

• Like 3

Ings will score 25 goals this season. He is SOOOOO clinical. He is England's best striker behind Kane.

If he stays fit, oh **** Watkins steps in. Enjoy. 

Not sure how we are fitting all these players in. So we've signed 1 striker and 2 wingers

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Dean’s comments are telling: it’s not just his goals, it’s his presence and professionalism off the pitch and in the dressing room, another leader and role model for the young players. It makes a lot of sense given the bond in the dressing room. You want the right attitude and talent around. 

Also 3 years gets us into the period when some of the stars from the academy should be (hopefully!) breaking into the first team squad.  So I think it does fit with the longer term project too.  My non-Villa supporting mates have really reacted to this signing as a sign of intent from the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

am i correct in my belief that Ings is a super hard working striker?, kind of in the mould of Watkins? (not as fast, i just mean in work rate)

Im sure i heard he works his socks off.

Southampton play an insane press. He's probably harder working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not doubting Ings will score goals for us, he's very bloody good at it. This transfer is just very different to what our targeted philosophy is. Just a bit confusing. 

Anyway, excited to see him play. He's definitely a better fit for our system than say Tammy so that's a positive as well. 

Â