Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I'd read that a couple of clubs had been haggling all summer in the 12-15m range and we came in with 25m and just got the deal done.

Our most important signing argubaly as he's PL proven and is good enough to play for a top 6 side already.

Outside bet for top pl scorer this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

I'd read that a couple of clubs had been haggling all summer in the 12-15m range and we came in with 25m and just got the deal done.

Our most important signing argubaly as he's PL proven and is good enough to play for a top 6 side already.

Outside bet for top pl scorer this season.

Spurs haggling at 12m ish, I can totally believe that....

Levy : we wontz Dingz, will paye 2m plus our top  yoof prospekt who is onwee firty foor years owd, he's worfe 10 mils so 12 mils good offa yes yes deal OK?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Spurs haggling at 12m ish, I can totally believe that....

Levy : we wontz Dingz, will paye 2m plus our top  yoof prospekt who is onwee firty foor years owd, he's worfe 10 mils so 12 mils good offa yes yes deal OK?

Spurs and West Ham, I think I read. But you're right it's that constant haggling that has held spurs back from pushing on to the next level. It looks like we're prepared to overpay a little if it means we get out primary targets.

Ollie, Buendia and Ings all appeared a little expensive at first but I'm sure the latter two will prove great value just as Ollie has.

• Like 1

Best part of the Ings article is that he's been targetting one final move for some time, he's going to be so motivated to get into the England squad and leave his mark on the prem - he will hit the ground sprinting

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Best part of the Ings article is that he's been targetting one final move for some time, he's going to be so motivated to get into the England squad and leave his mark on the prem - he will hit the ground sprinting

It just struck me that him and Watkins are probably around equal in the England striker pecking order (Ollie probs just ahead). Healthy competition there but hopefully not a source of tension! 

Looked like the new Darren Bent out there tbh.

If he isn't getting crosses to attack he barely touched the ball. I assumed coming from Southampton he'd be a manic pressing forward like Ollie so we wouldn't lose much with him not playing but complete opposite. Too easy to mark for Watford back 4 although not helped by Buendia not doing much at all when in possesion.

Very interesting what the forward line will be next weekend.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Off the mark is about as good as it gets from that one.

Thrives on service got nothing from Young and Anwar El Pimpernel.

I'm trying to be positive here, but I imagine as a shadow striker behind a workhorse like Ollie he'll get much better. That lineup at the start was never going to do him any favours, and by the time Bert and Leon came in he never had a chance of finding space.

It may have been a penalty but a goal's a goal, it'll do his confidence some good.

6 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I'm trying to be positive here, but I imagine as a shadow striker behind a workhorse like Ollie he'll get much better. That lineup at the start was never going to do him any favours, and by the time Bert and Leon came in he never had a chance of finding space.

It may have been a penalty but a goal's a goal, it'll do his confidence some good.

From what I saw today Ollie certainly remains number one CF pick in away games. Ings to start more at VP.

Coming from Southampton I assumed he would be this mega press forward charging around the CBs and forcing them out wide and kicking the ball out of play so we could build up pressure. Instead they had a very easy time of it.

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Great article. Shows that us fans, and a lot of the media, have very little idea on what is going on behind the scenes. 

The way the ings transfer came about was very much the exception though. In general when villa are in for a player you someone gets wind of it before.

Please Dean do not isolate him like this again in a game. Why did we not feed him. I didn't see 1 player look up for him when passing forward, with Watkins back in it'll be even worst. Need to get him on the ball every chance, he will score 70% of the time.

Â