Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we'll be playing more like the Liverpool front three than the Villa front three.  I mean we played two wingers and a striker in the front three whereas Liverpool played three forwards.  I think Watkins, Ings and Bailey could play that really well with Buendia behind in my middle three

Yeah I agree with that. I think they will interchange position in a fluid front three. The width will come from Targett/Young and Cash with one of the three drifting wide to help create the space for the overload.

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing Ings in action. I know he's bringing alot of experience but I do hope he kicks ass for us.

You watch some videos of him and the guy looks a master, you watch him against someteams including us and he makes a mockery of defences on his day.

I see him on the left in some Vids and he's an absolutely demon, those Vids sure make it look like he could easy do Jack's job.

19 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJTdDMF96MjJybmZ1NiU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZzbHVnJTNEaG9tZSU3Q2hvbWUlMkZoZXJvX2Nhcm91c2Vs?lang=en

Interestingly at around 0:50 Ings and Ollie appear to be discussing playing together, with Ings sayig 'just let me drift'.

Good spot. Seems to motion that he'd drop off and run behind/around a defender. Convinced these two, along with Buendia's through ball capabilities, are going to cause defenders absolute nightmares

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Good spot. Seems to motion that he'd drop off and run behind/around a defender. Convinced these two, along with Buendia's through ball capabilities, are going to cause defenders absolute nightmares

I heard on the shoulder and let me drift….

Good Athletic article post 2019/20 season on Ings:

This season, Danny Ings was undeniable.

The first Southampton player to score more than 20 Premier League goals in a season since James Beattie in 2003, Ings took a side who were unsure of themselves going forward and put them on his back. Ralph Hasenhuttl may preach the power of the collective but it’s probably best not to think about where Southampton would be without Ings’ on-field efforts.

https://theathletic.com/1944677/2020/07/27/danny-ings-southampton-firmino-fernandes-analysis?source=user-shared-article

• Like 1

Watkins is very good at finsihing crosses into the box but Ings' finish today shows why he us such a good pick up. He just knows where to be to react quickly to things and snaffle something up. That and the fact that he can score from.many other positions as well!

• Like 1

Â